Apricots Splitting on the Tree

I have an apricot tree that is 3 year old tree. The bottom of the fruit splits than rots, on at least 50% of the fruit.

George from Hollister, CA

I don't know about apricots but other fruits split when the water situation is not right...too much I think.

I have had this happen to my tangelo, cherry tomatoes and seedless grapes.

From what I understand it is from inconsistent watering, the plants are getting too dry before you water again, when you do water the plant pumps the water into the fruit the skin does not strech fast enough there for its splits open, once that happens the bacteria gets to the fruit and the rot starts.

I suggest next year as soon as it starts flowering to watch your watering very closely and keep it moist until you have picked all your fruit, then you can really cut back on the water it doesn't need nearly as much if there's no fruit

What do you do with your apricots once they are picked? I have a bag of them and don't know what to do with them!

My apples did this, I was told the tree wasn't getting enough water.

Am I watering my peach tree too much? Not all of the fruit splits. Peaches are the size of softballs. Very sweet and juicy.

This is the first time that I have had a peach tree or any other fruit tree. Please help, I don't want to loose my tree.

thank you

My tree trunk has split and the splitters are going up the tree. Now the fruit has brown strips, but when cut off the fruit is good. How do I stop the splitting and sap.