AdviceBudget & Finance

Reviews Of Ebates.com

Has anyone used Ebates.com? It's an online company that pays a small percentage to you when you shop online through them. They listed about 900 stores. Any thoughts pro or con. Thanks!

Heather from Florida

I love eBates. Since joining about 3 years ago, I've received about $250 in rebates. They do make you wait about 3 months after the purchase before collecting your money, but that's one of the ways they're able to make a profit through their service, so what can you say?

It's very convenient in that they deposit your rebates directly into your Paypal account (once a quarter). The only hard thing about eBates is remembering to always shop through their site rather than going directly to the merchant's site.

Another good rebate site that has some stores eBates doesn't have is FatWallet.com. FatWallet also has forums where people exchange coupon codes and such.

I use www.savingswatch.com instead. They offer a much higher cash back and got lots of coupons to use. I've been using Savingswatch for over a year now, and have saved well over $100 since I started. Hope this could help!

Thank you very much! I don't have paypal set up, but I noticed that they can mail you your check.

I also have been using ebates.com for a couple of years and have received $270 back. I will check out savigswatch.com and compare.

I have been using ebates in conjunction with a few other savings methods for a couple of years. my total savings on ebates is $535.27 and counting.

My best holiday to date:

Bought gift cards from my sons school (through SCRIP) and a % went towards tuition, then I went through ebates to target (4%) and used a target coupon code for $5 off.

Oh, and around the holidays, Ebates has a few days where ALL of their merchants cash back is DOUBLED!

I too have been using ebates for a couple of years. To date, I've received about $300 back.

Ebates.com is a fraud. Walk away from it, and go to Fatwallet.com Ebates has twice not credited me for purchases from Collections etc. Ebates refuses to investigate, since the purchases were made more than 3 months ago! Fatwallet, on the other hand, will investigate any complaints and get back to you with results from their investigation within a few days. (Ebates, in fact, never responded to me until I made a second request). Fatwallet will respond immediately (as in, within a few minutes) to your online inquiry. They respond so fast, that it might seem a bit creepy. I have never been disappointed with the customer service at Fatwallet. Also, Fatwallet will email you a follow-up to make sure you got your account credited, if they notice that you were shopping online thru their site. Now, that's customer service!

Ebates is legitimate! I have been using Ebates.com for nearly 2 yrs & am very pleased. They have expanded the number of stores available ~ almost any store I want to shop is available. Often I will do research before going to Ebates, but when I purchase it is nearly always via Ebates. I get a rebate check every quarter for the savings accumulated (% offered by store), & at the very least, shipping costs are covered, but generally it's more than that.