Buy Generic and Save Money

Some time ago, we needed some cable to connect a computer to the router and it seemed quite expensive in the store. I checked online and finally bought some for about half what the stores wanted for name brand cable.

I have found the same thing with other things lately. I found a Varilux floor lamp in Goodwill on 50% off day, which didn't have a bulb. I knew there was a possibility that it didn't work but, my daughter pointed out, we have an electrician in the family (her fiancee). Now the Varilux lamp generally costs over $100 and the bulbs are at least $20 but since I paid $4 for the lamp, it would be worth buying the bulb. As luck would have it, I checked in Walmart and found a 'brand x' bulb for around $6, making the whole thing cost just slightly over $10 and it works! So, when things seem outrageously priced, look for generic brands, you may be surprised.

Pat in Phoenix

Here is a great website newegg.com

They have many items for computers etc. a lot cheaper.

I needed a USB connector for my printer, and at Best Buy it was $24, I got one at newegg for one dollar!

Even with the $4.95 hipping I saved a bundle!

Woman Holding Handful of Coupons with Thumbs Up
Tricks for Saving Money
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingFebruary 15, 2009
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
Generic and Name Brand Tomato Sauce
Choosing Between Generic and Name Brand
🎄