Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Unpopped Colored Popcorn

I would like to know where I can find bags of colored popcorn that has not been popped. I have been looking for over 2 yrs. and can not find it.

Dona from Burlington, NC

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By EKay in Atlanta (Guest Post)12/18/2008

I found colored unpopped kernels this morning at Cost Plus World Market. They had a gift in a tube called 'Yard of Popcorn' with red, blue, white, yellow, etc. It was about $10 and very heavy (for popcorn). It's in the store but not on the website. Here's what I want to know...does colored popcorn (red, blue, etc) from colored corn have a different taste from white or yellow popcorn that we normally eat? Also, does the popcorn come out the same colors as the kernels or does it turn out white once popped?

By Jenee Boetel11/14/2008

Try www.gooseberrypatch.com They have it in individual colors and rainbow. They also put out special color mixes for certain holidays! I buy the rainbow and mix it with a bag of regular popcorn to make it last longer. The kids love it!

By Mary Koehler [8]11/01/2008

I "Googled" that question, and here is what is on a Yahoo site. Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Soak the kernels in green dye (or food coloring if they're intended to be eaten also) for about 10 to 20 minutes. Let them dry, and pop them as you would normal popcorn. Hope this helps!