Unpopped Colored Popcorn

I would like to know where I can find bags of colored popcorn that has not been popped. I have been looking for over 2 yrs. and can not find it.

Dona from Burlington, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try ths link:

http://amishacresgeneralstore.com/foodstuff/products/colorcorn.html

I "Googled" that question, and here is what is on a Yahoo site. Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Soak the kernels in green dye (or food coloring if they're intended to be eaten also) for about 10 to 20 minutes. Let them dry, and pop them as you would normal popcorn. Hope this helps!

Try www.gooseberrypatch.com They have it in individual colors and rainbow. They also put out special color mixes for certain holidays! I buy the rainbow and mix it with a bag of regular popcorn to make it last longer. The kids love it!

I found colored unpopped kernels this morning at Cost Plus World Market. They had a gift in a tube called 'Yard of Popcorn' with red, blue, white, yellow, etc. It was about $10 and very heavy (for popcorn). It's in the store but not on the website. Here's what I want to know...does colored popcorn (red, blue, etc) from colored corn have a different taste from white or yellow popcorn that we normally eat? Also, does the popcorn come out the same colors as the kernels or does it turn out white once popped?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 30, 2008
Popcorn Ceiling
Repairing a Hole in a Popcorn Ceiling
Bowl of Popcorn
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Storing Popcorn
Storing Popcorn
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 12:32:56 PM on 10.0.2.180 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.