Celery Stuffed Roast Chicken

There will only be my Auntie and I for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year so instead of a huge turkey we're going to share this. There certainly will still be plenty of leftovers for both us too.

• 6 cups stale bread, torn in pieces including the crust
  • 6 Tbsp. butter
  • 3 cups celery, diced
  • 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp. sage
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in large saucepan and add celery and onion. Cook while stirring until soft and yellow. Add bread and seasonings and toss together until well mixed. Allow to cool. Add the liquid and mix lightly. Stuff in to the dressed chicken and bake for 2 to 2 1/4 hours.

Don't forget to make the gravy ;-)

Source: A recipe I found in my recipe box. Hadn't made it for years and had forgotten about it until searching for a good recipe for this year's holidays.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Thanksgiving Main DishNovember 25, 2009
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Celery new growth
Growing Celery
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume