Dyed Blonde Hair Turning Yellow

I have been dying my hair blonde for awhile now. Lately it has been turning very brassy, orange/yellow. What can I use to get rid of it and make it a nice color?

wacky camper

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have no idea what your age is or skin color. Is your complexion fair or olive?

I have a light complexion and was using Miss Clairol 12G - Blondest Blonde and it started looking brassy on me.

So I went to BOCES and had my hair permed one week, went back the next week and had it colored by a cosmetology student. The teacher who is a licensed cosmetologist suggested that I change my color and the one that was used on my hair is known as Clariol Professional Gray Busters, 88N Light Neutral Blond.

I waited one week and went back and had my hair highlighted. The hair is pulled through a cap with a small hook, then bleach is applied to remove some of the color. My hair is darker at the roots and lighter blond on the ends and really love it. I'm 60 years old and it has made me look years younger.

Redkin makes a conditioner for blonde hair called Blonde Glam and if you buy the Pure Pearl (which has a purple color to it) it will condition your hair great and tone down the brass! Try it!

Girl! I have looked like a Barbie/Marilyn Monroe reject in the past due to the "yellow-gold" brass tones. I read from one of your posts about a Redkin product. She mentioned it having a purple color to it. Yep, in order to neutralize your "brassiness" you need a color with a blue/violet base. You can go to a Beauty Supply Store and you'll find a color in which you want in this category. You'll need 20 percent lift (bleach) by volume. Mix your color and lift into a paste and apply, follow the instructions. Don't be afraid to ask the clerk for information as well,, HOPEFULLY she will know what she's talking about. You can go to "Clarol Professional" website also. They have so much information to "Git er done!" lol Wish you the best!

John Frieda makes an Anti-Brass serum. You put it on before you wash your hair. I get mine from Walgreens.

Agreed - violet-colored conditioners help tone down brassiness, that's what i use. works great. Mine is from Rusk. found it here: http://www.examiner.com/x-9539-NY-B ... 6-Fixing-an-athome-hair-color-crisis

clairol makes a purple shampoo called "silver lights"...you can buy it at Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharma plus. Purple masks yellow.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

dyeing hair
Dyed Hair Turned Yellow
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringMarch 20, 2009
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 9, 2016 at 12:27:41 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.