Browsing: Removing White Film From Dishes

White Film On Dishes

I have been using Palmolive dishwasher liquid in my dishwasher. I have noticed that my dishes are coming out with a white film all over them. I contacted our local water company. They told me that the problem is not with the water. The problem is with the phosphates being removed from the dishwasher soaps.

I have checked the different brands of dishwasher soaps, both powders and liquids, and they all seem to have the phosphates removed. Since the phosphates have been removed, what can I do to get the dishes clean and free from the white film when the dishes come out of the dishwasher? Thanks for your help.

By Janet from Joplin, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have hard water in my area. I've used the Lemi-Shine and it works great. It's in a yellow bottle with a green top. It is kind of expensive. Found it at Wal-mart

I never had problems till we moved and we have hard water now. My dishes and silverware were a mess. I started using Lemi shine. Works great. Found it the cheapest at Walmart.

Here's another solution. CitriClean of Florida also makes a powder that you add to each wash cycle. It's all natural and contains no phosphate. The nice part is that you use 1-2 tablespoons of CitriClean and only 1 tablespoon of your normal detergent. I use the cheapest store brand detergent and it works great with CitriClean. Dishes and the inside of my dishwasher look like new again.

My mom had the problem with white residue on her glasses. She tried the vinegar trick but it didn't work. She found a product that did the trick. It was a Finish product called "Quantum". It looks like a square yin yang with a red ball in the center of it. She has only had to use it three times in the past two months. Use them as needed I guess. Looks like you use one and it cleans things up for a few weeks until you need another.

White Film on Dishes
Removing White Film From Dishes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 6, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Apple shaped and stemmed glass dishes after cleaning.
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 8:15:55 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 702 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.