Cooked Food For Your Birds (Mish Mash)

This is a recipe for a warm meal for my birds, who love it, and I love it because it is healthy.

• 2 cups cooked brown rice
  • Ad
  • 1 can pumpkin (pumpkin only, not pie mix)
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 cup any kind cooked beans
  • 1 large red apple
  • 1 large Granny Smith apple
  • some fresh spinach

Cook the rice and the beans until done. Place in a food processor and finely chop. Add the apples and vegetables and continue to chop finely. Remove from the processor.

Wash the spinach, place in processor, and chop. Open the can of pumpkin and mix with all the other ingredients. Put in ice cube trays and freeze. Remove individual cubes and thaw. Warm in the microwave and serve warm, making sure not to serve hot. Can serve with a sprinkle of vitamins, minerals, spirulina, etc.

Source: The Healthy Bird Cookbook

By one.of.a.kind from AL

Not too much spinach for a gray though, according to my avian vet. Check with yours about calcium and grays. Yours looks like my shadow b. Bird. Aren't they fun?

Thanks for the recipe. I'm always on the lookout for new food ideas for my "fids" (Goffins cockatoo, Panama Amazon and Green Cheek Conure).

This sounds so healthy! Thanks so much for posting this!

Pets BirdsJune 7, 2011
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
A plate of cooked turkey.
Keeping Cooked Turkey Moist
Banana Cookie
Banana Cookie Recipes
Man Hammering Nails
Protecting Fingers When Hammering Nails