Hamburger Mish-Mac Melt Recipe
This dinner can be made up with a variety of leftover ingredients that you may have in your fridge or pantry. This page contains a recipe for hamburger mish-mac melt
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a one pan, easy to throw together idea that only uses a few ingredients that you can adapt to what ever you have on hand, and a good way to use up those partial bags of pasta in the pantry! The Tabasco just gives really good flavor, no heat.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 good dashes of Tabasco (optional)
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomato
- 1 6 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (macaroni style, or whatever is on hand)
- 1 Tbs beef base or 1/2 cup beef stock (a leftover flavor pkt from Ramen would work, too!)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby/Jack, but whatever is handy, even sliced American)
Heat your oil in the skillet on med heat, add onions to sweat. Add ground beef. While beef is browning add spices, hot sauce, and beef base. Add tomato sauce and crushed tomato. Add water. Add pasta. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes covered. Remove from heat, sprinkle cheese and let sit 5 min covered.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Source: Just something I threw together for comfort.
By Maile from Onalaska, WA