How Do I Get Tea Stains Out of a Shirt?

My son has a really nice cotton shirt and it has a tea stain on it. His stepmom washed it already and it did not come out. So, here it is with me needing help. Can it still be removed even though it has been washed already?

By Heather from Brooker, FL

Pour some hydrogen peroxide on the stain and gently work it into the fabric.

Also try this website:

Well, he can't wear it that way so you might as well risk a dip in weak bleach water. Just make sure the bleach is mixed well in the water before you put the shirt in and put the shirt in all at once and take it out all at once then plunge it into vinegar water to nutralize the bleach. Try one forth cup bleach to three gallons water and one cup vinegar to three gallons water. Soak it about three minutes in the bleach and rinse it well in the vinegar water.

I have had excellent results with Soilove from:

This stain remover took out old grease stains from shirts that I had decided were only good for cleaning days or yard work days! I was amazed, and very happy, to be able to put these shirts back on my 'good' side of the closet!

A tea stain is dye stain. Bleach (not straight-, use it in the laundry) should work, or the hydrogen peroxide. If this is a colored shirt, you might try some of the products like Amaze or Oxi-clean or Resolve, non-chlorine bleach products for the laundry.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 7, 2011
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Man wearing a white t-shirt.
Repairing a Cotton T-Shirt
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion