Substituting Peanut Oil for Vegetable Oil

I'm baking banana bread without shortening. It calls for applesauce and oil. I don't have enough vegetable oil. Can I use peanut oil? Or is it best to use more applesauce? I have natural unsweetened applesauce.

Heather from Florida

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I made that last week and substituted unsweetened applesauce for shortening/butter and used peanut oil and it was great.

You can use all applesauce if you like. I have done this many times and it works wonderfully.

Happy Baking

Thank you so much!

Heather

Peanut oil is GREAT, but it's imperative that you warn all who will be consuming that peanut oil was used. It can be lethal to those with allergies

I do know that when you use applesauce it will make whatever you are making healthier.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceOctober 15, 2007
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Substituting Fat Free Cream Cheese When Baking
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 9:24:11 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.