Consumer Advice

Dollar Shops in Australia

I've recently returned from a trip to America and Hawaii. I absolutely LOVE those Dollar shops over there. I've been raving to all my friends about them. Now that I'm back in Austalia, I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar cheap Dollar-style shops over here, especially in North Queensland. I normally frequent ones such as Overflow, Treasure Kingdom, Solly's Warehouse, etc, but still love the range and cheaper prices from the American stores. Please help! I miss them!

Cathy

You have 'Crazy Prices' in Australia!! It was my introduction to dollar stores!

Hey Cathy, Is this a business opportunity in the making for you? Many Dollar Store products are cheap imports from the Orient, etc. Worth looking into. Either start your own from scratch, then franchise it out making money from the ventures of others or contact one or more of the ones you like and talk about franchising one of them for you to open. Good luck.

Cathy, I was in Cairns a few months ago and there was a $2 plus shop at Smithfield shopping centre that was great. There are also a few around where I live in Frankston, oneat Fountaingate and there was one at Bayside in Frankston but it has just closed. I think there is one at the Glen in Glen Waverley too....there was the last time I shopped there which is a while ago.

Maureen

I had the same question! My family is looking for a place to move in Australia from the U.S. My daughter went to Austraila for 21 days. She loved it! But I have noticed that Most of the small towns there do not have chain stores like Dollar General or Dollar Tree in the U.S. I am looking for places to move to but I am at odds to what region or state to look at?