Use Zip Top Bag for Pouring Cupcake Batter

This tip is for a quick, easy, and clean way to pour cupcake batter in the baking pan or cupcake liners. After mixing up your batter, fill a zip top bag with batter. Cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners and squeeze the batter into the prepared pan. For easy filling of the zip top bag, fold over the top and insert into a container such as a plastic deli container. This will hold the bag up and open. No more batter drips on the pan or racing to fill the next cup before a drip escapes!

Source: I recently discovered this tip in a book called Hello, Cupcake! I had a moment of "Why didn't I think of this before..." so maybe many people already do this. I hope it makes life easier for someone else!

Rather than wasting money and filling the garbage dump with bags; I mix simple batters in recycled large plastic yogurt containers.

It makes the prep a one bowl affair and the container is flexibie enough that you can pour without spilling a drop.

Thanks Jayme, reading your post I had a light bulb moment also! Why didn't I think of that! Great Idea, thanks

I agree. The bags are expensive, too. Why not fill a large funnel and put your finger over the hole to stop the batter? Reduce first. Then reuse. Then recycle.