Peppy the Parrot

This is a picture of my husband and our Parrot Peppy. My grandmother gave him to us after my Granddaddy passed away. They have had this bird for 30 some years. When my grandfather went to heaven the bird went into depression. Not saying a lot because my grandfather had taken up so much time with him and he LOVED my grandfather so much, in fact he was the only one that could do anything with him.

Well one day we were visiting my grandmother and my husband walked in and Peppy started talking up a storm and whistling and calling my Granddaddy's last name, he always says Coker, Coker. Peppy fell in love with my husband and I guess reminds him of Granddaddy.

So Peppy has done wonderfully in the transition as you can see. Very special to me since my Granddaddy had him since I was 7 years old. We have had him well over a year and he is happy as can be!

Peppy the Parrot

Karen in SC

What a great story. I'm so glad he's happy again.

Cute...Pretty Peppy such nice colors. Glad to hear he

found a buddy in your husband. So happy that

Peppy is happy once again.

This story made me so happy. I love happy endings. Thanks for sharing.

What GREAT story!

It made my whole day!

Peppy probably thought that your husband was his 'lost friend' (your grandfather). I'm sure he couldn't figure out why he was gone, and/or thought he had done something wrong to drive him away....otherwise, where was he? Perhaps something in your husband reminds him of your grandfather. That's why he went nuts yelling his name, and whistling and carrying on! He was so excited to find him again! So sad, yet such a happy ending! Bless you for taking Peppy on, he looks like a cheerful fellow now!

Yeah for Peppy!!!! I'm so glad that he is happy in your home with you and your hubby. It's amazing that your grandfather had him for 30 years??!! WOW! I have heard that they can live to be 50-60 years old. Looks like you have a buddy for a lifetime. Enjoy him everyday.

Every parrot needs a soulmate and it is so wonderful that your husband fit the bill. It is obvious that Peppy has found a second chance at the love and bonding that is so important for him; or probably her if it is males that are the chosen ones. They are fussy that way.

Photos Pets OtherOctober 25, 2005
Parrot With Toy in it's Mouth
Parrot Toy Ideas
Homemade Parrot Food Recipes
Homemade Parrot Food Recipes
A parrot perched on a wooden dowel
Parrot Perch Ideas
Photo of a parrot.
Caring for a Parrot
🎄