Toddler's Dress Clothespin Holder

If you have a leftover toddler's dress or buy one at a garage sale, here's a cute way to recycle it into a clothespin holder.

Materials:

• old toddler dress
  • thread and needle or sewing machine
  • clothes hanger (a child size would also work)

Directions:

All you have to do is sew the bottom straight across and and insert the clothes hanger in top and hang on your clothes line, but don't forget to bring in from the bad weather.

By Sandy from Bluff City, TN.

Cute and easy craft.I love it!!!

WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA

SO CUTE

I LOOKED AT WALMART FOR A CLOTHES PIN BAG AND COULDN'T FIND ANY DO THEY EVEN STILL MAKE THEM?

I don't sew. Could you use that tape they have out on the bottom of it? I think it is tape used for hemming and is double sided.

I made clothes pin bag like that yrs ago but i used the wooden hanger that way it dont rust and i agree they are cuter than the store bought ones

I used a top like this that my daughter wore, 27 years ago. And I am still using it. She is now a Mother of 3 and it brings back great memories every time I use it.

Cute!! That's a great way to save a favorite piece of kids clothing - kids clothes are so cute!

I used an old t-shirt. I stitched the bottom closed and the arms. I also used a wire hanger so I could bend the neck around to hand on the clothes line.

Precious! I'm going to use a plastic baby clothes hanger so I can get it wet, and I'll sew it in to the back side of the shoulders of the bag. Also, since I USED to hang clothes on a clothes line as a teen, I well remember that the bag needs to be bigger for enough clothespens to hang clothes for a family of three. So, I'll get a larger dress for the bag. Thank you for the cute idea. God bless you. : )

I found a pattern in a very old craft magazine of this same clothespin bag.I made myself a pattern out of construction paper and have made dozens of these bags.I didn't know anyone else knew about these bags..good to know I'm not the only one.They are very easy to make.here's a pic of one I made.

That is so cute, and just when I need a new clothes pin bag. But hey, couldn't I also use this idea for storing nylons? Sure, why not! Thank you for sharing.

A lady friend of my Mother's gave her one of these over 50 years ago, when I was a little girl! Mom thought it was too cute to hang outside, so she gave it to me to use as a pajamma bag in my closet. I'm sixty now and it's still in my closet. It now holds stockings and socks.

Looking for something different. This pattern has been around for years. I remember my mom using our little dresses, cute, but not for me.