Cleaning Attached Sofa Pillows

I've had a sofa/bed for over 20 years. It's still in very good shape, but the color is a little outdated. I'm shopping for slipcovers, but have a dilemma with the pillows. They're large, and there's a lot of them (they're part of the backing of the sofa and love seat).

How do I clean them so I can have new covers made for them. I don't want to clean just the outsides, which I've done, but the insides must be yucky after all these years! Or would it be better to hire a seamstress and start all over with new pillows? Your thoughts would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Casey from Plano, TX

You'd probably have to make new pillows. You might be able to rip out the seams and disconnect the cushions to clean them, but that might ruin the sofa.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingNovember 11, 2008
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Microfiber Pillow
Cleaning Microfiber Pillows
Cleaning Pillows
Cleaning Bed Pillows
Washing Bed Pillows
Washing Bed Pillows