Cleaning Microfiber Pillows

Category Miscellaneous
Maintaining the right shape can be a challenge when cleaning pillows. This guide is about cleaning microfiber pillows.

I have a body pillow from Walmart that I got a couple of months ago. It's 100% microfiber. I'm not sure how to clean it. Can anybody help me please? My only worries are that it will either flatten or separate and bunch up and lose its shape. Any tips would be great.

Answers

You can wash in the tub and put a tennis ball in the dryer with it.

If this is the pillow you purchased (first link), I would use the second link and ask them. I am shocked their website (or a tag on the pillow) doesn't tell you....that is usually one thing they are good at is giving care instructions:

www.walmart.com/.../36796644

help.walmart.com/.../ask

My reason suggesting you contact them and follow their instructions to a "T" is if what they tell you ruins the product, they will return it and give you a refund.

I strongly recommend when you get the info...do it through email or, if by phone, document date, time and who you spoke to and exactly what they said.

We had issues with this exact same situation with Mainstays towels (although in this case, they had a tag, which I washed exactly as listed and they faded out really bad after 2 washings). I was able to return them, but it was all quite disappointing.

It is important to save receipts (or credit card bills) until you are satisfied! Just my 2 cents worth!!

Hope this helps!

I have a body pillow as well from Walmart ( also a microfiber blue one ). I personally have never washed it. I actually put a pillow case on it and then wash that.

Do you need to physically wash the pillow or spot treatment? I don't feel comfortable putting in such a large pillow in the wash. I haven't even reference the side instructions to see if the pillow is washable. Worse case, if it doesn't work out you can take it back to the store (if it claims it is in fact washable).

Can microfiber toss pillows be washed in a washing machine?

By KEN from Baltimore, MD

Answers

If you want to try washing them (and they will probably be OK if you wash in cold water and dry on low) it's best to remove the stuffing before washing. If there's no zipper, pick the seam open and remove the filling, then wash the cover. Put the stuffing back in and sew the opening shut.

Anonymous

I have microfiber toss pillows and simply wipe the surface well with a soapy damp cloth and then with a fairly damp water only cloth because mine don't need a deep cleansing. If your pillows do need a deep cleansing, washing them in a machine might damage the fabric and rip up the seams.

You can wash them by hand in the sink or tub, squish/ring out as much water as possible and dry on low heat tumble cycle.

Hi, Yes you can wash the pillows. I use to work for a pillow company. When you wash them be sure to wash with sheets, and you can dry them too, or line dry. I have done both and this is what we told the customers, but make sure you do in cold water, and with a set of sheets. God bless, Love Vickie

How can I clean my microfiber pillows without leaving a mark from the cleaner?

Valerie from Portland, OR