Share Crafts

Creative Closet Space Ideas

I'm sure a lot of people have asked this, but I really do need a lot of help. My fiance and I just moved into an apartment, which we have never done before, we have always lived in a house.

Our closet is like a coat closet. It barely fits any of our clothes. I have no where to put hoodies or shoes. For shoes I bought something for the back of my door and for the front door I have a rack.

For hoodies I got those suction bags for the ones I don't wear. For the ones I do wear, I have no where to put them. My closet is maxed out and I can't put them in a dresser because those are maxed out as well.

I have no where to put plastic bins either. My bed is too short and the floor of the closet doesn't work either. Please help.

By Nina from Denver, CO

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Joan 13 1,482 11/12/2010

You must have a corner someplace where you could stack plastic bins. It might not always be a convenient corner or even look real nice to guests, but that is beside the point. It is storage. I have lived in various size apartments since 1983 and have learned that it is the storage that counts, not necessarily what you like or what other people think.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lisa 2 131 11/13/2010

You can buy bed risers that would lift your bed high enough to slide plastic bins underneath. The risers can be found at hardware stores and cost around $10/set.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Anita 3 11/13/2010

Have you thought of under the bed storage bins? They are quite handy and will hold most things. I have found them to be very useful!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Vi Johnson 286 801 11/14/2010

You could put the clothes you are not going to be wearing in a storage "Locker" ( smaller than a storage unit.) Prices are different in all states. Call a storage Co. in your area and ask what the charge would be, Then go look at it to see if it is big enough for your over flow. They may have several sizes and prices. And be sure to read the small print on any agreement you have to sign.
Good Luck, GG Vi

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Creative Closet Space Ideas

I need help with closet space. I just bought my first house and it only has one closet which I'm going to use for my daughter. So where am I supposed to put all of my wife's and my clothes?