Getting Rid of Mice Nesting in the Oven

I have a mouse nest in the bottom of my oven. I have cleaned it out many times, but they keep putting it back.

Now when I cook in the oven it stinks. What can I do about them?

By Crystal from AL

Best Answer

You really do need to get rid of the mice! We've had problems, too. One method, is to check around your water faucets in the kitchen and bathroom, and stuff them with fine steel wool, I've heard mice don't like this, and also use peppermint extract, or peppermint oil around those same areas. We found dead mice on our furnace filters, but we couldn't afford to get an exterminator. Also, our phone kept going out, it turns out the mice had chewed partially through our phone cord. Mice can get through an area about the size of a dime, sideways. Good Luck!

Mice don''t like mothballs. If you can put the mothballs under the house our even outside around your house the mice will not only leave but won't be back for many years. Thats if the humans can stand the smell!! which will dissipate and weaken, but the effects to the mice last much longer than the smell, I have tried this and it has worked in every house I have lived, even a trailer house.

Put dryer sheets like Bounce around. You can cut the sheets in half and place in areas where you think mice might be.