Getting Rid of Mice in an Apartment

Category Mice
Getting rid of mice in an apartment can be challenging, particularly since there are common walls and you are not completely in control of the situation. This is a guide about getting rid of mice in an apartment.

I live in an apartment in Manchester, UK. I first saw the mouse when I got in the house. I used the glue type mouse traps to capture the mouse with peanut butter, but didn't manage to get it. Then I never saw it again. My roommate saw it once or twice, but we didn't give it a lot of attention.

Now it's after Christmas and I saw it again. I went and again bought glue traps, but I like have 9 glue traps in my kitchen with peanut butter and Nutella. i also have 3 traditional mouse traps and also use poison that I bought for mice and rats. I moved out of the house so it would be quiet and the mice will come out.

It's being almost a week. I came back and everything is in position as before I left. There are no mice in the mouse traps. Why? What shall I do? I really want to get this mouse.

By Andreas

Answers

Best Answer

Set a snap trap in a corner, hidden away where you usually see the mice. Behind the stove, or between cupboards for example. Bait it well with whatever you had for supper last night. I did that the other day, and caught the mouse within an hour. If you have one, you may have several. Set traps for several days, and good luck.

Best Answer

You may not be setting up the traps where the mouse is going. I had good luck setting the trap in the cupboard where the mouse was feeding. My cat got one as it ran across the floor. Perhaps you could borrow a cat for a time, and see if it can help you out. I also prefer regular traps, as opposed to the glue traps. Mice like to run along the walls, under radiators, and have their favorite secluded paths. However, I have had the best luck with setting the trap right in the middle of where they were eating chocolate chips in the cupboard. I use peanut butter. Nutella should also work, as the little blighters have to get right in and nibble it off the spring, not just snatch and grab.

The smell of a cat will put mice off - you don't even have to own one, you could borrow one from a friend for a week. But do clear up the rat poison first, just in case the cat takes an interest in it!

If the external building is of brick it will be important to insert weep hole covers that are made of stainless steel to stop chewing.