Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Pumpkin Pie Recipe without Evaporated Milk

Does anyone have a recipe for pumpkin pie that doesn't use evaporated milk?

Viki from Abbeville, AL

By

By Hannah [7]10/07/2009

h

By Beth [25]11/03/2008

If it's just the sloppy part of using evaporated milk, long baking time, and not an allergy, try this one. It's the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk recipe which is much quicker to make and bake and oh so delicious!

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Combine all ingredients well, pour into crust and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then turn the oven down and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.

By Natalie Neufeld [2]11/02/2008

Viki, you can make your pumpkin pie without evaporated milk, no problem. I was baking for thanksgiving and had a panic attack when I couldn't find that can. I thought I had in the pantry! LOL funny how that works! So I took my chances, made it with regular milk, and added an extra 2 tb of sugar for sweetness. I was told it was the best pumpkin pie ever! Good Luck, Happy Baking, Blessings, nallorey.

By susan [5]11/01/2008

Is there a reason you don't want to use evaporated milk? An allergy? I've made it with soy milk and it turned out fine. I usually add a tablespoon or two of flour to help thicken the filling. I'm sure any other type of milk (rice, almond, etc) could be used too.

By Guest (Guest Post)11/01/2008

I just use regular milk, also, what ever type you have in the refrigerator or make from powdered milk.

By Margie M. (Guest Post)10/31/2008

I used to bake to sell from my home, and ran out of evaporated milk and just had plain old skim milk. I used that and it was the BEST pumpkin pie I ever tasted. Nice and light and very tasty. Since then, I have never used evaporated milk at all. Hope this helps. Just use the same amount of regular milk (I use the can from the pumpkin to measure since it is on a 1 to 1 ratio).

By Cate in the UK (Guest Post)10/31/2008

About.com does a gorgeous "Fresh Pumpkin Pie" try doing a search on that site. I had it as my first ever taste of pumpkin pie and I loved it.

Here are questions related to Pumpkin Pie Recipe without Evaporated Milk.

Question: Substitutions for Evaporated or Condensed Milk in Pumpkin Pie

I don't have any canned milk and want to make fresh pumpkin pie. The recipe it calls for it. Is there a way to use regular milk instead?

By Lisa H

Most Recent Answer

By Nightsong11/24/2012

I have always used just regular milk in my pumpkin pie. I just follow the recipe on the back of the can and substitute the same amount of whole or 2% milk. It makes a little bit lighter pie. But it is really good.