Front Loading Washing Machine Tearing Clothes

We own a front loading washing machine that has started tearing our clothing when we do a load, any suggestions why this is happening?

By barrytc from Hershey, PA

Are there any sharp edges inside the washer drum that might be tearing your clothing? If you can't solve the problem, it's time to call someone to repair it.

If there are no sharp edges within the machine. wash your cloths in a laundry bag.

I thought I was the only one having this problem! Mine are getting stuck in the door's rubber gasket, and then tearing because they are being spun around a thousand times. It comes out looking chewed up and torn. I've had repair men out to fix the problem, but apparently it is not fixable. They've replaced the rubber gasket twice because they had to do some kind of work on it to justify the service call. I called GE and they said I could submit a claim for damaged clothing, but it would be an ongoing thing for as long as I own the washer. I hate this front-loader, I hate that it eats the clothes, and I hate the musty moldy smell it gets if any time lapses between loads. It doesn't clean well - my top loader was 100% better than this front loader - and I hate the electronic cycles. I would never recommend a front loader to anyone!

I have the same problem. I am wondering if it happens when the washer is too full.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersSeptember 25, 2009
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
A front loading washing machine with the door open.
Cleaning a Front Loading Washing Machine
🎄