Make Up Stains on Furniture

How can I get oil from dirty hair and make-up off of white couch material?

Evelyn from Alvin, TX

I also have white furniture. I use a three to one ration of clorox and water (1/4 cup clorox with 3/4 cups water). I put it in a spray bottle, spray on the spot - oil, makeup, dirt, whatever, comes right up and doesn't damage the fabric.

WD40 seriously it has so many surprisingly other uses.

This is what works well for me. I put about 1/3 cup of Tide laundry detergent (powder) in a deep mixing bowl. Add about 1 to 1 1/2 quarts of VERY hot water. Use your electric mixer to beat it into very stiff foam. Take a clean washcloth (I use white.......it lets you see if you are still picking up dirt!) get it wet then wring it out HARD so it is not dripping wet. Scoop up a handful of the beaten suds (not the soapy water) on the washcloth. Use it to scrub the dirty areas. Take another clean washcloth that you wet and wring out hard and wipe off the sudsy dirty area. Repeat this several times. Do not soak or get the couch fabric very wet. Do the "rinse" wipe several times, throughly rinsing out the washcloth each time. The next day you may or may not want to run your vacuum over the cleaned area. I usually don't. This works great for me and I just have the "clean" scent of detergent that lingers, not any chemical, harsh smell lingering in the couch.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJanuary 26, 2009
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Can of paint with a spill on white table.
Removing Paint Stains from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🎄
🍂