Vinegar and Baking Soda for Dandruff

Has anyone ever tried scrubbing your scalp with baking soda followed with a vinegar rinse for dandruff? Would the chemical reaction harm your scalp?

Ellen from Maricopa, CA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Janet Delius 2 06/27/2006

Using vinegar on your scalp really does help with dandruff. I use to have it bad and I would use this maybe once or twice a week and it worked. Of course, shampoo after with something that smells good because the vinegar does not have a pleasant smell.

Janet from Locust Grove, GA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By hanouda 2 06/28/2006

yeah that is right vinegar for your hair is so good , it helps it to be clean and no dandruff . it is so good for your hair, i always put it in my hair and keep it there it dries naturally then i wash it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By susan 8 1,368 06/29/2006

Both are extremely mild and will not hurt you. However, if you're going to try using them together, better do it in the shower since they'll fizz and probably drip all over the place. That way, if it gets to be too much, you can turn the water on and rinse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By joanne 3 07/09/2007

advice would be appreciated...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Marina (Guest Post) 01/12/2009

I haven't tried the remedy, but have used white vinegar as a rinse to get out product, it brings out red highlights in dark hair.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No