Product Review: Cover Tox Ten

Product: Physicians Formula: Cover Tox Ten Wrinkle Therapy Face Powder

Cost: $7.00 appx.

This product claims to have proven visible wrinkle reduction in 10 minutes with over 50% visible Wrinkle reduction; in 10 hours up to 90% and in 10 days up to 90% of visible smoother skin (with the use of their CoverTox 10 foundation).

It shows three pictures of before and afters on the box and I admit, I was skeptical. I haven't used face powder in years because it settles in my pores and wrinkles. The before and afters show a woman whose under eye circles look practically non existent, but I don't know if she used the powder under her eyes; I haven't tried that.

What I did try was using the powder only, over my concealer on the inner portion of my eye close to the nose. Great results; it blends and doesn't crease. I also tried it without using it over concealer, just on my bare skin and had great results too. It really does help hid this hard to cover area. I also used it over my entire eye lid from lash to eyebrows as a primer. Great coverage and I think it helped my eye shadow to stay on longer and the colors to stay true.

Unbelievably, it works. It does not settle into lines, in fact my nose to mouth and forehead really did show less lines. My two 'exclamation points' not that much, but I admit I haven't tried it for 10 days running yet. I also found that although the first ingredient is 'talc' which usually is a dead giveaway to clogged pores, this product doesn't clog my pores. It comes in a compact with a mirror. It even comes with a flat blush brush that is stored in the middle of the compact. When I used it on my eyes, though, I used an eye shadow brush.

It gives great cover and I have put as many as 2-3 coats of powder on my face; it doesn't cake or give that obvious look that you're using face powder that you get when you use face powder. I used it on my bare skin, not over foundation. It really does work, brightens and makes my skin more even colored since I have blotchy, uneven skin. I didn't look like I had a mask on and it's not complete coverage; it's not that kind of pancake powder, it looked natural.

The color I tried was No. 2737 Translucent Medium. I'm 52 and of Italian American descent and have a golden undertone to my skin. It matched my skin perfectly. The company also makes foundation which I haven't tried yet. The up to 90% visibly smoother skin claims to work in conjunction with the foundation.

I can't remember exactly how much it was though, but it wasn't a lot. I try not to spent a lot of money on cosmetics; I'd rather do trial and error on drugstore brands that go right out and buy department store brands. Besides, I'm a cosmetics junkie and I have to be extra careful. I bought it at Walgreens drugstore, but I've seen it at Target, Walmart, CVS, etc., those kinds of stores. Walgreen's has a website: www.walgreens.com and the other companies do too. So does www.drugstore.com. You can try it for 30 days and if you don't like it, Walgreens will refund your money with the receipt.

I was amazed at how my skin looked. Did I look 20 with flawless skin? No. Did it help with sagging? No. But I tell you, I looked a lot better with it than without it. I'm sold.

If you try it, I hope you will submit your comments and experience to ThriftyFun. I'm curious to see how other people's skin reacts to it.

By metroplex from Houston, Texas, USA

Thanks. I can't wait to try.

I had tried the liquid foundation in that--it was the only product at my store in that formulation. I loved it---the color was even perfect! It is very hard to find locally, so every time I go out of town, I look for it. Glad to know that it helped someone else as well.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyApril 14, 2009
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Crochet Tissue Cover
Making a Crocheted Tissue Box Cover
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
🎄