Getting the Last Drop Out of Body Wash and Other Containers

Does anyone know an easy way to get every last drop of body wash from the containers? My son uses the kind for hair and body and he can use one container in no time. I was just in bathroom and he had about a dozen empty ones in the trash and I could see that there was a little left in all the containers. As much of this stuff he uses it can get expensive.

By Betty

With shampoo, dish soap, liquid soap, I mix a little water in them and just use them up that way (1/8 to 1/4 cup depending on the thickness of the soap), shake around. With ketchup, mustard and such, I put them upside down and leave a while and they will drain to the cap. If the cap is too small to stand on it's own, they do make plastic or metal things that will hold one bottle up above another (draining ketchup into a new ketchup bottle for instance). They can be purchased at Bed, Bath, Beyond, etc. Or you can put the bottle upside down in a glass and then just keep it upside down while you use it and until you use it up (put bottle and glass back into the refrigerator). I firmly believe in draining bottles completely. I have gotten upwards of 5 to 10 extra shampoos out of the remains of a bottle of shampoo! I do the same with liquid laundry soap, etc. I drain it all, believe me!

Oh another thing, if your son is going through the stuff that fast, you might consider watering it down in the 1st place. My sister complained that my nephew (who is autistic) used a ton of liquid hand soap and she felt he was wasting it for the most part. I suggested she water it a down to make it go further. It doesn't seem to make much difference at all (probably don't water down anti-bacterial, though, that might mess up the formula).

I'd take several of those empty bottles of body wash out of the trash. When you buy new ones, pour half into an empty bottle and then add warm water. You will get 2 bottles for the price of one and I doubt if your son will notice. To get all the shampoo or body wash out, add a little warm water and swish the bottle around. You can use it as intended or use it to wash clothes. I do hand washables with this or I even use it in the washer added to laundry detergent.

A No. 1 hair cut will cut down on the amount of shampoo he uses. ;) But seriously, just adding a bit of water to the bottle gets the last drops out.

As *thriftyvicki* suggested, just get the previous empty and half fill it, then top up with water. I've read years ago, people use too much soap and shampoo anyway. Storing the bottles cap down helps a lot as well.

These days, I can get away with a small blob of shampoo the size of my little finger-nail. Rubbing the shampoo over the palms of your hands first, then rubbing it into your hair makes it go much further.

My son used to go through a ton of shampoo too. Then I realized he just didn't realize how much he was using. Now I buy the kind in a pump bottle and tell him how many pumps to use. If your son doesn't like the kind in a pump bottle, you could just pour it into a different bottle that has a pump. Kids sometimes don't realize that less is better.

For shampoo I would consider getting a shampoo bar to have him use; no plastic, no last "drops" or any remaining. Works fantastic! www.jrliggett.com. And for the body wash, I would google "make it yourself" and I'm sure you can easily do that, using glycerin or castile soaps; etc. Just an idea. It would save money and save all the plastic going into the landfills! Myself, I would be more concerned over the amount of chemicals going into his body.

Hi, Betty. I would start by gathering all the containers & letting them sit for a bit, cap side down in the kitchen sink. Then using a funnel in one bottle sit each bottle on top for 20 -30 mins, just let gravity do the work. You will be surprised just how much is clinging to the inside of bottle. After all bottles have been dripped dry add a few tablespoons of water to each bottle & give a good shake. Now, let that drip into the upright bottle. Don't be surprised if you end up with 3/4 of a bottle. I know it sounds time consuming but, just let them drip while you are doing other things. You will not be sorry.

I bought one of these bottle to bottle funnels just for this purpose.

http://www.cheftools.com/prodinfo.a ... c&utm_campaign=google%2Bshopping

Hope this helps.

God Bless

Trish in CT

Just add water to the bottle while in the shower (hold hand under water and squeeze bottle, then release bottle to let the water get in). Shake it around, that usually works for me.

bottles of body soap
Saving Money on Body Soap
Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 4, 2010
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Homemade Body Wash in a Bottle
Homemade Body Wash Recipes
Eye Drop Bottle
Uses for Eye Drop Bottles
🎄