Spray Vinegar on Underarm of Shirts Before Cleaning

MY husband's shirts used to come back from the cleaners with a foul underarm odor, then I read a tip somewhere about spraying underarms of shirts with vinegar water before washing. I mixed clear vinegar with water 50/50 in a spray bottle and saturated the underarms of all his shirts before taking to cleaners or washing at home. When I picked up shirts from cleaners they asked me what I had done, because the shirts no longer smelled bad during pressing. Very cheap, easy and effective, and it never affected color either.

By coolbreeze from concord,nc

Good Idea! But I think that I can do you one better. Several months ago I noticed that some of my washcloths and towels had a bit of a funky order after washing (I think that they stayed in the bottom of the hamper a little to long) - I had read a few things about vinegar - So when I washed the next load I replaced the Fabric Softner with vinegar - and bingo no more musty order. It worked so well that now I use vinegar in all my wash loads. The cloths are not quite as soft but that "sticky" feel is gone and they smell more like when you hang them out on the line. I think that it is better for the clothing and much less expensive than fabric softener.

Home and Garden Cleaning Dry CleaningFebruary 19, 2008
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet