Polishing Stainless Steel Appliances

For 3 years I have been struggling to keep my stainless steel appliances clean. They always have drip marks and finger prints on them. Finally, I found the perfect solution and it is something almost everyone has in their home.

First clean the surface with warm soapy water and rinse. Yes, I know, you're going to see a lot of streaks. But, then spray WD-40 on a soft, lint-free cloth (I used an old t-shirt) and wipe over the stainless steel surface. Just a tiny bit will do it.

A very thin layer of WD-40 will really shine your appliances up and keep them smudge free for a long time. If finger prints or smudges do show up, just a dry soft cloth will erase them instantly. What a time saver this has been! Try it for yourself.

Source: I found this tip online after a very frustrating, and unsuccessful cleaning attempt.

By antiquefreeque from WI

WOW! You're going to get lots of thanks for this one. That's why I've always shied away from ss appliances.

Thanks for the cool tip. Do you think that WD-40 would have the same effect on a glass oven door window?

My tip would be not to use WD40 or baby oil as you can get cross contamination and get it in you food.

It's just as cheap to buy a specialist stainless steel cleaner food safe I like the ultimate40 from http://www.stainlesssteelcleaner.co.uk or if i am cleaning stainless steel pots and pans quickleen-s is very good from http://www.quickleen.co.uk.

I heard a fastfood company were sued over using WD40 on their stainless steel. it's for your bicycle chain

Stop taking short cuts. olive oil works out just as expensive and attracts dust. Put it on you lettuce why.

I watched the video on http://www.stainlesssteelcleaner.co.uk and it took seconds to clean a massive stainless steel kitchens with a tiny bit of spray. Trying to save money while risking food poisoning is crazy.

Olive oil! Can't believe it. Just try me on this one. It removes those disgusting water streaks in an instant! Just put a little on a paper towel or cleaning rag and wipe in the direction on the grain; no rubbing, no mess, no wiping off. You will thank me for this one!

Mineral oil works well, we used to use it in a hospital nursing station on our stainless steel table and sink.

Way back when I worked in the lunchroom of a school cafeteria we used lemon oil on the stainless steel counter tops in the kitchen. I'd think any kind of oil would work but personally I would not use Wd40.

I own my own cleaning company and for 10 yrs I have been using wiemans spray cleaner on all stainless steel. This is a cleaner and a polisher this can will last you at least 6 months or more. All you have to do is use a micro fiber towel. Spray a light film on your stainless and use yr micro fiber towel and wipe hard and ALWAYS wipe with the GRAIN. The wd40 can hurt your stainless steel in the long run or over the yrs. Also in your sinks you can clean yr sinks w/a magic eraser then use the weinmans stainless steal or on any appliances 1st then the stainless steel cleaner.

Just a reminder when yr buying something expensive ask the ?s how to I take care of the products. Cuz if you dont they wont tell you so you will ruin it and have to buy a new one sooner than later. you can always email me at jamark22000 at yahoo. com

Good tip, but I would not use WD-40 around my food Prep areas. Mineral oil or olive oil are all my family ever used, and I personally have used olive oil for years. I spot clean it every day, but once a week, I polish all my SS appliances with a bit of Olive Oil on a soft fuzz-less cloth. I do not have to "wash" it first either, and -in my house at least- I have never had any trouble with it attracting dust or smelling rancid, etc.

I don't know why anyone would use chemicals in their kitchen around their food prep areas, when you could use all-natural oils.

Cleaning Stainless Steel Appliances
Cleaning Stainless Steel Appliances
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalMay 5, 2009
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Converting Appliances to Stainless Steel