Crisp Curtains?

Does anyone have a formula for using Epsom salt and water in the final rinse to make curtains crisp?

By Mimi

Best Answer

Here's what I found for you:

After washing and rinsing the curtains (follow care-label directions), dip them in a sink full of water mixed with a cup of epsom salts (dissolve the salts with a little warm water, then fill the sink with cold water) and hang the curtains to dry. They should be as crisp as new! (without ironing).

I haven't tried it yet.Let me know if you do...

I've used this on my lace sheers. While it didn't make them 'crisp', it definitely added 'body" to the fabric, which they really needed.

June 29, 2010 Flag

After washing and rinsing the curtains (follow care-label directions), dip them in a sink full of water mixed with a cup of epsom salts. Dissolve the salts with a little warm water, then fill the sink with cold water. Then hang the curtains to dry. They should be as crisp as new! (without ironing).

By Eulice

Answers:

Crisp Curtains? Easy!

I add about 1/2 cup dry milk powder to the final rinse cycle and hang on line. Got this tip somewhere many years ago. I have some curtains that date back to '69 when we moved here. (04/22/2004)

By Betty

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes