Social Security For Children

Your child is eligible to draw social security if one of his or her parents draw. If it is less than the court ordered amount, the parent would have to pay the extra. The parent drawing SS can also go to court and get an adjustment in thier payments. Most of the time what SS pays the child is about half of what the parent draws.

If you call SS office or better yet, go there and they can answer your questions, Also, your County Atorney's office on child support can answer questions.

By HAPPYINHARNED from Harned, KY

I'm a mother to a six year old girl. Her dad and I are not together. When he took me for visiting right. The child support took him in the room when I said I be right back . I had do something for my child. They didn't wait on me. They came out said he doesn't have pay because he was on ssi. It be nice if help me with her. I work as waitress wage now I can't work because I broke my foot. Is there anything I can do get help that I can provide for her.I still have some money to pay some but not all my bills. I try my best easier her on my own with out asking for help that is no one job but the parents. I think you bring a child in to this world you should help rain them. It's not fair to parents like me to do it all lone.

Child Support Payments and Social Security, Paper entitled Child Support Hearing.
Child Support Payments and Social Security
Parenting General Parenting AdviceJanuary 24, 2012
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Family law folder on desk
Can SSI Be Garnished for Child Support?
Photo of letters spelling out child support.
Social Security and Back Child Support
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 9, 2017 at 12:52:00 AM on 10.0.1.216 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.