Social Security For Children

Your child is eligible to draw social security if one of his or her parents draw. If it is less than the court ordered amount, the parent would have to pay the extra. The parent drawing SS can also go to court and get an adjustment in thier payments. Most of the time what SS pays the child is about half of what the parent draws.

If you call SS office or better yet, go there and they can answer your questions, Also, your County Atorney's office on child support can answer questions.

By HAPPYINHARNED from Harned, KY

I'm a mother to a six year old girl. Her dad and I are not together. When he took me for visiting right. The child support took him in the room when I said I be right back . I had do something for my child. They didn't wait on me. They came out said he doesn't have pay because he was on ssi. It be nice if help me with her. I work as waitress wage now I can't work because I broke my foot. Is there anything I can do get help that I can provide for her.I still have some money to pay some but not all my bills. I try my best easier her on my own with out asking for help that is no one job but the parents. I think you bring a child in to this world you should help rain them. It's not fair to parents like me to do it all lone.

My husband and have been separated for 3 yrs. During that time he had I child with another woman. He died, going through his paperwork I believe they are garnishing his SS for child support. Since he has passed are they still going to keep taking it even though I am still his legal wife? Does that effect what should be mine?