Document Everything Regarding Child Support

My solution for problems with child support payments is that you must absolutely document EVERYTHING and keep that documentation until either the non-custodial parent dies and any children are over 18 or the end of time, whichever comes first.

When in doubt, ask the question, write down the person's name and the answer, date and time, etc. If you are required to send information to the courts, make a copy before you mail it, and send everything certified mail, so you get a receipt. Most of all, be consistent, be thorough, and file things on time!

Source: My own experiences of 13 years fighting for child support.

By Eileen M. from Elk Grove, CA

Yes! I agree with you. Log everything this is so true for both the custodial and non custodial parent. The 'system' can and does get things in a tangled mess. Cover your behind!

My mother did all of this, even to the extreme of writing down in a little notebook what was spent on each child individually for gifts at Christmas and birthdays and new clothing, etc...

This information was very helpful during the several court battles they fought over who got which child, and how much he owed.

This was before "Child Support Enforcement" was ever thought of, so although the judge decreed it, he often didn't pay it.

At the time of his death my father still owed her $29,000.00. (A large chunk of this was college tuition, but also from when he just stopped paying actual child support). This figure would have been much higher had she not been so diligent.

I am sick of hearing about deadbeat dads! What about deadbeat moms? What do they do to help support the children? They too made the child! I say make it equal justice. If the female is able to work then in order to receive full child support order then she must show in good faith that she is searching for gainful employment.

Once she receives gainful employment. She will be required to pay 50% of the child support as the non custodial parent must pay. This will cut down on courtcost and stress. It is both parents responsibility to raise and support a child!

Can i receive back child support from my father if my mother was getting it but now she has pass away back in 2008 im my fathers youngest child should i be getting the back money from it now

My kid's father is paying child support out of his social security for his two other kids who are grown about 30 and 34 and about two years ago his wife had passed away should he be receiving their money back from child support because she's not longer living.....

Anonymous

Im getting. Ssi but i m owed back chold support my son turnef18 and moved i started getting n sck child support my work is taking over 100 .00 more that i could get if i recieved the max.

And w ont change it she s cou ting it as income and yhais aproximemtly240 dollar a mount child support of back payments cant be garnished fromm ssi is this true