Window to the Past

When my mom passed away I made a window to the past in honor of her. I found an old window with the glass still intact and filled each section with things and pictures from her life. In one I had her baby picture and a bonnet that she wore. Another had a family picture of her mom and dad and sister. Another had her high school graduation picture along with her program and the gloves she wore. The next was her and my dad and I added a corsage she had saved. I think you get the picture. For the backing of this window I used cardboard and I covered it with black fabric to set off the mostly black and white pictures. I then hung it on my wall. Many people in my life have loved my idea and have made their own windows to the past.

By Debra in Colorado

A wonderful idea, Debra. After my Mother died, I took 2 of her favorite dresses and made flower quilt blocks. I took her earrings and put one in the center of each flower petal. Made pillow covers and shadow boxes with the quilt blocks and gave to my sister, sisters-in-law and nieces. Also added some of her jewelry in the shadow boxes for my sister and me.

Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
Satelite dish against a tree in background.
Saving Money on DirectTV
🎄