Shredded Paper Instead Of Packing Peanuts

To prevent the use of styrofoam peanuts (don't you hate those things flying around when you open a box), I use the paper in my shredder. I place it in a Walmart/plastic bag and use as packing material. You can squish it around about anything to protect from movement. The receiver is grateful as no peanuts or loose shredded paper to deal with, all is contained in bag. Excellent for fragile shipping. I always write "PLEASE RECYCLE" on the outside of the bags so they will do the same or maybe save for later use.

By Tracey from Thomasville, GA

I use some very unusual packing material - empty pop cans or plastic bottles. They weigh practically nothing, are recyclable and fit in the sides of the box if you are mailing something fragile. I sell on ebay and have had people who were very surprised to receive my packages and find pop cans for cushion. Try it! I guarantee you it works! I also crush up plastic grocery bags.

I assume the bottles and cans are clean {wink}

I love my paper shredder, it does double duty as an ID theft deterant and as packing supply.

~Dawn

http://www.frugalforlife.blogspot.com

I use shredded paper for moving as well. Less breakage and cheap!

I use plastic bags for packing. It is a good idea to put shredded paper in the bags. I also use shredded paper in my cat's litter box. I put in a layer of news paper the bottom and then the plastic liner. Next I put in a layer of shredded paper & last kitty litter. I found out I use less kitty litter, the kitty litter seems to last longer & I am recycling.

I use plastic bags, egg cartons, packing peanuts and bubble wrap. Never buy any of these, ask family, friends and co workers to save these items for you. Yes I agree packing peanuts drive me nuts, however I hate the paper shreds all over my house. When I used to use shredded paper I always put it in plastic bags. However I found that shredded paper compacts after it sits awhile. After the shredded paper compacts the item will move around in the box. If it's a light weight item that won't break, it's no big deal. Never tried soda bottles and cans, but I would consider it!! Plus I wouldn't be turned off if I received an item that was packed with cans or bottles.

Uses for Shredded Paper, shredded paper
Uses for Shredded Paper
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 21, 2007
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
Pink and White Packing Peanuts
Uses for Packing Peanuts
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎉
🎄