Repairing Seat Cushions With Ripped In Them

I have a couch that has some small rips in the seat cushions. Can anyone recommend how to repair that with out replacing the cushions? I'm not sure if sewing will keep it from ripping every time someone sits on it.

Thanks!
Vandanamasih from Dallas, TX

The way I have dealt with that problem is to put tapestry panels on top of the work place - sort of like old-fashioned antimacassars - If you get a nice contrasting pattern, it looks quite stylish. (And you can even glue the panel on the cushion with spray adhesive.)

If you have ever darned socks with holes in them, fixing the tears in your couch cushions is done the same way. You will need a longer needle threaded with double thread to match your cushions. Start weaving the thread back and forth until the holes are covered.

My cushions were getting holes and i took them off the foam pads and ironed large patches on the inside. The first time I ironed on a small patch but it pulled when someone sat on it, as the material was weak around the hole. When I ironed on the large patch, it worked well until I have them recovered, about one year later.

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureMay 15, 2006
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
Couch With Cushions
Keeping Couch Cushions From Sliding
🎉
🎄