Add Sheen Back To Vinyl Siding

For homes that have vinyl cladding that has lost it's lustre and looks tired: Wash down with warm soap and water then spray (cans) with tyre sheen or similar product. It's surprisingly cheap to do and it brings it back to life.

An occasional hose down keeps it fresh. Repeat about once a year, but wash with warm soapy water first.

By Ocker from Australia

Thank you for a great idea. I have been wanting to bring back the shine to my vinyl shutters. They are black and tired looking, but only 3 years old. We were thinking of replacing them with wood again. I do have one question, exactly what is the tyre sheen product that you speak of? Maybe we have something similar here in the states.

What a wonderful idea! I live in an older 1981 Mobile home that has seen better days. What can I say!? It's paid for! It's on a small piece of my own land & I've been dreading the work I need to do this spring around the place. One of my top priorities is cleaning the siding. I'm afraid to use a "pressure washer" as I think this may damage the siding, so I guess I'll stick to a mop with an extension & a bit of "elbow grease". I will then follow your advise of using the "Tire Sheen" Then maybe dirt won't stick as easily & I'll just be able to hose it down!

---> What a WONDERFUL IDEA! Thank You!

PS. Will this work on Aluminum siding as well as Vinyl siding?

* To Jean: I've seen this stuff at Dollar stores. I believe it's a silicone based product, kind of like "Armor-all", but for Tires (or "Tyres" with a "Y" if you live in Australia) *grin*

Thank you Cyinda, I'll look for that. There is always something to do around a home.

Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousFebruary 20, 2008
Photo of a house with vinyl siding.
Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🎄