Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding

Category Painting
Paint can drip on your vinyl siding when you are repainting the trim. This is a guide about removing paint stains from vinyl siding.

Spray paint off vinyl siding, teens thought this was fun in my neighborhood. All of us got one! I found that nail polish remover and a nail brush, plus elbow grease got black paint off light tan siding without bleaching out the vinyl siding. I got a half gallon jug at a beauty supply store, and had some left over just in case!

By Bonnie from Dayton, Ohio

I need to know what is the easiest and cheapest way to remove paint from vinyl siding. My husband and I stained the deck 3 years ago and since then have not been able to remove the paint. It is a deep cherry color and our siding is beige! We want to sell the house but need to get the paint off first. We tried all the home depot products, including regular paint thinner and Goo Gone but they did not work. Please help.

Kris from Randolph, NJ

Answers

We sold our house with the stain splashes on the siding and it was fine. If you are desperate, you may try touch up paint on the siding. I don't think anything will take off the stain!

What about trying a Mr. Clean eraser? It took black tire glue off my bathroom sink. They are cheap too.

Try the Magic Eraser from Mr. Clean. My mom had green paint on her white ceiling and it took it all off.

You can get PVC pipe cleaner from Lowes - (the clear one - not purple died cleaner) I removed paint with that from mine.

Try PVC pipe cleaner the kind you buy from lowes Plumbing department (needs to be clear) that should do the trick. I had the same problem and it worked swell. I discovered that when I was plumbing my pool's filter - I dripped some on the vinyl siding and it cleaned a previous paint mark off completely - so I did the rest of the affected area.

(

I tried the PVC Pipe cleaner, it worked, but also removed some of the 'finish' from the siding. So it looks a little different from diff angles. Be sure to try a small spot to test first.

Kris:

I was wondering if you found anything that worked? My kids spilled my stain down the back side of our house from the deck and got some off but not the deep stuff.

Thanks

Mark

greased lightning will remove stain.

THE PVC PIPE CLEANER (CLEAR) REALLY WORKS! MY NEIGHBOR GOT GREEN PAINT ON HER VINYL SIDING. AS SOON AS THE CLEANER TOUCHED IT, IT WAS GONE AND DIDN'T HARM THE SIDING, EITHER! THANKS

Kris from Randolph, NJ...
Did you ever remove the stain from your siding with anything? We have the same problem so I was wondering. Thanks!

Magic Eraser didn't work for me

I was reading up on how to remove the deck stain I got on my vinyl siding and I went to the home depot and got a spray can of this stuff called "The Stripper" it is by Behr, and I tried it and it worked. I sprayed a spot and let it set for about 5 to 10 seconds and then it wiped right off with no scrubbing! I also forgot to mention I left the stain on the vinyl siding for about three months before doing anything about it, so it was pretty set in. Hope this helps you out!

How do I remove paint stripper spots from vinyl siding?

Sheri