Burnt Starch off a Clothes Iron

Good afternoon. I iron and starch my clothes every day. Recently, I got burnt starch on my iron, and I cannot use it. Does anyone know how to get that burnt starch of the iron? Please Help. Thank you.

JD from Atlanta

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

http://www.drycleanonwheels.com/DrycleanTips.htm

I found this website that might help you!

Their soultion is: Try heating equal parts of vinegar and salt in a small pan. Rub the solution on a cool iron, and wipe dry.

While my iron was cold I used an sos pad to clean it then I buffed it up, looks brand new.

Dip a wet cloth in baking soda and clean your iron then rinse it off with clean water.

the sos pad worked great..iron good as new. Thanks Joyce

at http://kitchen.robbiehaf.com/LaundryTips.html Robbie says to use aluminum foil on your iron.

Heat the iron to a nonsteam, medium heat before cleaning. Sprinkle a generous layer of table salt over a brown grocery bag (use one that has no writing on the top surface). The salt is abrasive and will remove residue. Iron over the salt to remove starch and debris from the surface of the iron.

DON'T use sodium hypochlorite, undiluted, and ammomium hydrochloride.

Does anyone know how to remove a stain from clothing from iron residue? It is a white collar.

A Mr Clean Magic Eraser did the job for me!

To get spray starch or sizing off of an iron, set the iron for dry ironing (no steam) and maximum temperature. When good and hot, rub it firmly on a wet terry cloth towel. The gunk will steam off the iron and transfer to the towel. This is better than steel wool pads, which can get rust and soap gunk down into the steam vents which will release on clothing later.

Answer

Yellow and white clothing iron next to a pile of clothes.
Cleaning a Clothes Iron
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsMarch 28, 2005
Starched Shirt
Cleaning Starch from Clothing
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Corn Starch
Uses for Corn Starch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 3, 2016 at 12:56:53 AM on 10.0.0.199 in 432 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.