Polystyrene Containers for Seedlings

My tip is saving all the polystyrene cups you get at take outs, and use them for potting up seedlings. The take-away trays can be used as mini propagators sitting nicely along a sunny window; no need for a big glass house.

Source: My old auntie told me.

By Bubbleswire from Ireland

My Mom was a great gardener and loved to share her perennials. Larger size coffee and soft drink cups were used to pass bits of plant things along. A 2 litre milk carton, cut down makes a great, free pot for passing along. The waxed milk containers are sturdy enough to last a long while outside so can be used for starting woody cuttings.

While you are saving the containers, save the white plastic silverware. It makes great row and plant markers.

From my auntie, cut 2 liter soda bottles in half. The bottom half makes a nice plant starter for herbs that could easily be added to a simple macrame hanger for a last minute gift. Save the tops for hot caps for early crops.

Starting Seedlings
Starting Seedlings
Home and Garden Gardening SeedsJanuary 11, 2010
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
aster seedlings
Keeping Seedlings From Dying
🎄