Hunting Theme Party Ideas

Avid or want-to-be hunters may enjoy a party with this motif. This guide contains hunting theme party ideas.

May 1, 2007 Flag

I am trying to plan a SURPRISE 40th Birthday party for my husband. I am not very creative and I am having trouble with decorating ideas and food. My father inlaw is going to BBQ, but I am just lost from here. My husband is a BIG Turkey hunter so I wanted to decorate around hunting, but I am lost where to even start. Please keep in mind I am on a small budget, so thrifty ideas would be great. I am having 3 casino tables (black jack, roullete and texas holden) brought in with dealers. The party is going to be outside around a pool and in the yard. I am expecting about 50 people. The party is in 3 weeks so I don't have much time. Please help me if you can.

Thanks!
Graciesmom2002 from Birmingham, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

How about having the guests decorate themselves? They could come dressed as turkeys or hunters or something. Also, what about thanksgiving pictures for decorating? all the turkeys that are already cooked anyway.

Best Answer

I am throwing a Hunting theme party this summer. I picked up some camo burlap and brown netting and am making a blind around the food area. It will have the netting on the top and door area, not only to make it authentic but to keep the bugs out as we will be out in the woods. I also got camo material and had runners made for the tables. We rolled up silverware with the napkins and tied them with rafia to make them look rustic. I took some pictures of bears and deer and had them blown up to life size and put them on cardboard so they would be life sized. We are working on the cake design now.

Here is an even better link for camo stuff. this is the real stuff.

http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/wdcamopaper8.asp

TC in MO

Two different themes seem a little much. I would just stick w/ the casino night and use black and white stuff like balloons..etc. Keep it simple. Doing the casino and a hunting theme are two great ideas on their own. Good luck and have fun!

http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/camobirthdaypartysupplies.asp

Great minds think alike. I am doing the same, but no tables. I am not doing much for decorations, because I am buying him a new gun and browning safe which will be delivered during the party. There will be many kids at the party so we are doing kid friendly games...bingo, potato sack race, kid shoot the deer with the arrow like pin the tail on the donkey. Good Luck to you, everyone you have given great websites to shop from...casino night theme also look at http://www.shindigz.com http://www.partycheap.com and http://www.aperfectpartyzone.com

My husband is a hunters fanatic he will turn 44 and I want to do his birthday of hunting.

My husband is turning 60 on October 21, of course that is during DUCK SEASON so the party will be October 11. I am so NOT creative, so any ideas would be appreciated. Budget, invitations, table cloths, centerpieces, and food? Thanks

Where do you find camo burlap and brown netting? I love the idea about making the food area into a blind but I don't know where to get this material.

Our wedding was done in duck hunting and camouflage. I'm a redneck girl! Anyway we used our BRAND NEW sheets for table clothes and then used burlap and regular material. Our invitations were done with camouflage card stock and then a Sparkle Cream card stock was placed on top of that and glued down and then a cloudy cream colored over that tied to the others with raffia.

The grooms cake was a 2tiered camouflage *airbrushed* marbled cake and the topper was a sculptor I got at Hobby Lobby of 2 ducks kinna cuddling! TOO CUTE! And of course my bridal portraits were me in the barn *my great-grandpa's where we got married* with my boots and gun! Hope that helps for your decorations...try this for a cake www.sugarnspicebakery.com/images/Camo12.jpg or justcamousa.com That is where I got the paper for our invitations!

Great ideas, what was your cake design after all? Do you have pics of the decorations? Was it costly to have the animals blown up life-size?

Read More Answers...

October 11, 2010 Flag

My little boy is turning five this next month and he wants to have a hunting theme party, but he also wants a pool party. We have the indoor pool reserved, but I'm having problems with decor and invites. I don't want to spend a lot. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

By LIL MANS MOM from TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In my opinion the pool party sounds best. I know different parts of the country think differently and where I live we discourage teaching children to kill animals and instead try to teach a love and apprecation for wild life.

You could use ducks and make it a duck hunting pool party. When my son got married I was on a very limited budget and bought burlap and used it on the tables, we also used deer antlers and ducks to decorate the tables. I did all the cooking, baking, and decorated the grooms cake. You could do something similar for your son's birthday. I hope this helps! Give him a big Happy Birthday from me!

Paula from Mississippi

Thanks Paula, your input has helped alot.

I second Ann Parker's answer.

Ann I understand your point but where we are from we teach our children how to respect, ethics, and knowledge them with hunting. We eat what we kill so therefore there is a reason behind this as the old saying goes putting food on the table. This also helps the wildlife to continue on growing without being over populated. I'm sorry if you are upset with the fact of having a childs hunting party but this is what my child like as I'm sure yours may like different things. I just wanted input on how to make things easier sorry if anyones offended.

March 21, 2008 Flag

My boyfriend will be celebrating his 40th birthday in a couple of weeks. I am looking for Game Warden theme party ideas. I have had little luck searching the net. I did find a couple of hunting websites, but would like to search for more. I am also looking for center piece ideas. Many thanks.

Sara

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm sure he has hunting supplies or his friends do that you could borrow to put as decorations like camo net, etc. or buy camo fabric at walmart and use as your table cloth for the table with the center piece. A piece of dried wood with green fake ivy vines on it would give you a building block to start your center piece. You could go buy camo stationery or print it from your computer to use as place settings or even make name settings out of. what about some type water fountain that is nature looking for the center piece.

Try collectionsetc.com for fishing hunting ideas, they have lots things related to that theme. also oriental trading may have that theme. even the camo plastic eggs that are out for easter would work well in your decorated, they may be half price now since easter is almost here and gone after tomorrow.

heres a cute party pack with bug theme from oriental trading

http://www.orientaltrading.com/appl ... amp;N=378060&sd=Bugs+Party+Theme

here are some really pretty table water fountains that could serve as your table center piece and then give as gift to him.

http://www.collectionsetc.com/SearchResults.aspx

I would make up hunting licenses for invitations or place setting..if it isn't a sit down dinner just place them around for decorations..does everyone know everyone? use them for name tags or put an animal name on it and as every one comes in pin one to their backs and they have to get clues from everyone as to who they are...(bucky beaver, bambi, daffy duck).

yes definately wood with ivy and twigs and leaves (even if they are brown) with bird eggs or gun shell casings in it for table decorations...have a ticket book to hand out infractions at the party (looking too cool, best side dish bringer) penny

Here in Maine there are a lot of things in the stores with moose, deer, etc.Fishing apparatus might work too. Good luck, sounds like a great party!

I've heard of this type of party before. All the party members showed up wearing hunters orange hats, hunting vests & or hunter's orange tshirts. You might could get a bakery to do some cupcakes with fancy icing made to look like fishing lures or a cake with a deer or a big bass on it. You might could scatter spent shotgun shells on the tables as decorations, along with some Spanish moss or make these types of items into centerpieces for the table along with some cattails, etc. Sounds exciting. I come from a family of hunters. Good Luck!! Write back and let us know how the party went & what all you did for decorations, etc.

January 10, 2010 Flag

I am looking for hunting wild boars and pigs party supplies for my son's 2010 graduation party.

By April from Hilo, Hawaii

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just had an idea. If finding boar/pig specific decorations ends up a flop why not consider a luau

http://www.party411.com/theme28.html

That is a tough one. Perhaps you can use the idea here and make your own graduation favors. You could make a collage out of pics of boars and pigs. Then I am thinking you could find pig themed party goods somewhere on the net. Hope it helps you out!

Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesFebruary 10, 2013
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄