Drafty Bedroom Window

I would like to get some tips on getting my 2 drafty bedroom windows. I put the plastic around them, and that doesn't work. It's still cold. Should I cover the whole wall with a blanket because it's making us catch colds also. This is a brick house so let me know please. Thanks

-Linda from Indiana

I always get the grey duck tape and put around the creases of the window. A shower curtain comes next and then a blanket hanging from nails or doorknobs screwed into the wall. You can also fill socks with sand or kitty litter and put them as draft protecters at the bottom of the window. If all else fails, I would get a big piece of cardboard, or whatever you have available, and stand it up over the window or move a big piece of furniture in front of the drafty window.

I go to Home Depot or one of the other local stores and buy a foam filler spray. Ask them for the spray that foams to fill in cracks and gaps in windows and tile basins. Spray this into the gaps where the air comes into your windows and it expands to fill the gaps and there is no need for plastic, blankets, or any other contraption to keep in the warmth. Good luck and warm wishes!

We also live in a brick house and had a drafy window, it turned out that the caulk they used to install the window had shrunk.

Use painters caulk and apply around the window frame and around the window molding.

It won't help the "drafty glass" but it might help some.

when i was a kid mom would take newspaper and fold up strips using several pages. she would then take a table knife and wedge it in between the top and bottom windows in the crack and again at the bottom and sides if there was a crack there. it was free and come spring we just threw the paper away.

I purchased insulated curtains that go from floor to ceiling with extra to spare on the width, ascetically pleasing and seems to do the trick. It is however dark all the time in the room, but it works.

I put up plastic on my window as well because it's horribly drafty. It works pretty well. What I did was stick it up the way they say to on the directions, but then reinforced the edges of the window with packing tape. I didn't trust the double sided tape to ensure the plastic would stick. Also, keeping my blinds open during daytime to let in sunlight and thus warmth into the room, but closing them when the sun goes down helps too.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Energy EfficiencyNovember 7, 2004
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Guest Room
Decorating a Guest Room
Small Organized Bedroom
Organizing a Small Bedroom
beautiful green tone bedroom
Inexpensive Bedroom Makeovers
🎄