Uses For Green Grapes With Seeds

I have tons of green grapes with seeds. I don't make wine, jam or jelly. Any suggestions to use them up? Thank you.

Sharon from Nova Scotia, Canada

Wash & freeze. They are wonderful to eat frozen & keep for a fair amount of time.

I make my own raisins. I haven't tried the green grapes, but the red ones make nice plump raisins. People are always asking me what kind of raisins I use.

Make juice.Goole grape juice for recipes.

I too had lots of green grapes with seeds that were supposed to be seedless. My first time doing anything with them was to clean and cut in half and seed them. Add a little lemon juice to them and bring to boil on stove and simmer for 20 minutes. Then i added 2 cups of sugar to 4 cups of the seeded grapes and brought to another boil. Then continue to boil till desired thickness. Makes great jam. The grapes do turn purple when cooking.

You might share some with our feathered friends and furry squirrel, rabbit, deer, etc friends, too ;-) It's a wonderful pleasure to watch them chow down and you can take some awesome photos of them doing it ;-)

Just don't give them to dogs because they (and raisins) can be toxic to them!

Freeze them deseeded and pureed coarsely, in small portions, for smoothie starters.

I too had lots of green seeded grapes. I just made a grape pie.

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitSeptember 24, 2008
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
bowl of red, green, and black grapes
Pickled Grape Recipes
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds