Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Uses For Green Grapes With Seeds

I have tons of green grapes with seeds. I don't make wine, jam or jelly. Any suggestions to use them up? Thank you.

Sharon from Nova Scotia, Canada

By

By Addie T.11/04/2012

I too had lots of green seeded grapes. I just made a grape pie.

By Kim Churchman [3]09/27/2008

Freeze them deseeded and pureed coarsely, in small portions, for smoothie starters.

By Anonymous [848]09/26/2008

You might share some with our feathered friends and furry squirrel, rabbit, deer, etc friends, too ;-) It's a wonderful pleasure to watch them chow down and you can take some awesome photos of them doing it ;-)

Just don't give them to dogs because they (and raisins) can be toxic to them!

By paula (Guest Post)09/25/2008

I too had lots of green grapes with seeds that were supposed to be seedless. My first time doing anything with them was to clean and cut in half and seed them. Add a little lemon juice to them and bring to boil on stove and simmer for 20 minutes. Then i added 2 cups of sugar to 4 cups of the seeded grapes and brought to another boil. Then continue to boil till desired thickness. Makes great jam. The grapes do turn purple when cooking.

By Jan (Guest Post)09/25/2008

Make juice.Goole grape juice for recipes.

By Lila-Ann (Guest Post)09/25/2008

I make my own raisins. I haven't tried the green grapes, but the red ones make nice plump raisins. People are always asking me what kind of raisins I use.

By Janet [7]09/25/2008

Wash & freeze. They are wonderful to eat frozen & keep for a fair amount of time.