Growing Grapes in Containers

Category Container
Even if you don't have a garden space, you can successfully grow grapes in a container on your patio or deck. This is a page about growing grapes in containers.

This is not an actual tip. It's my chance to brag. It is though, to let you know you can grow grapes in a very small, close by, place. A place that gets full sun most of the day.

Imagine yourself and your significant other, each in a chaise lounge on your deck or patio, basking in the late evening sun. You suddenly get an urge for a grape.

As the grapes you have grown in 5 gallon buckets (or decorative containers), are closer to your mate than you, you ask. 'Dahling, would you be a dear and fetch me a grape'.

Your Sweet reaches a mere arms length, procures a handful of grapes, and lovingly feeds them to you, one by one. Isn't life grand. There's sure to be some close encounters tonight.

On a more serious note, ready to eat grapes growing nearby can be had by most anyone. They take up little space, are easy to care for and are perfectly winter hardy (no need to bring them inside during winter).

My real bragging will come later when I add a picture of fully ripe grapes. I can do this only if I keep the vine covered with bird netting. As there are several small grape clusters that can't be seen in the picture, this vine should be loaded. Yes!

With 5 gallon buckets and grape vines both readily available at Lowe's, you have no excuse. Here, you will find a simplified version of how to grow grape vines as standards.

http://pallensmith.com/2015/03/23/growing-grapes-in-a-small-space/

Home and Garden Gardening ContainerSeptember 20, 2017
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Growing-Grapes-in-Containers.html