TipsComputers

Loading Songs onto an iPod Nano

I got an iPod Nano for Christmas and I haven't a clue about how to download songs from the internet. Can somebody walk me through it? In case you need to know, my computer has a 1.10 GHz processor with 512 MB of Ram and I'm running Windows XP, version 2002, Service Pack 2 with a Dial Up modem. Hopefully the dial-up won't be a problem! The Nano supposedly comes with 8 Gigs of total space. Thank you in advance for your help!

Cyinda from near Seattle

The easiest way to download music is to set up an iTunes account. You can use it either to rip (copy) music from CDs you already have, or there is an iTunes store where you can purchase music.

http://www.appl  itunes/overview/

I don't know whether dial-up will be a huge problem but I can tell you for sure that downloads will take a lot longer.

Good luck and enjoy!

The MP3s I got my kids came with a load disk. It had a 60 day subscription to Rhapsody that I can cancel after it expires.

Rhapsody builds the Music Library by offering songs to download, but it also says it can transfer CD music, and/or any other music I have placed on my hard drive.

Your IPOD come with a disc? Or visit Rhapsody and see what you can buy from them.

There is also Playlist.com. start a free acct. and be sure to listen to the song play first as some recordings are not quality! They will be placed in a music folder on your computer. Hook up the device to your computer and a program should load and allow you to download any of your saved music.

If not, return it, 'cuz we niether of us know a thing about what we are doing........... lol Good Luck! and Happy New Year

I have an ipod nano and love it you can load it with itunes. Any music you already have on your computer it will find and add to it's library and you can rip your cds and add them as well. My mom has a lot of cd's ranging from the 50s to today and that gave me a huge library to play with. I set myself an 10 limit a month on the itunes store. That's usually enough to buy a whole album or ten songs. Lots of months I don't buy anything at all. :)

Don't I need a some kind of software or something to actually download the MP3's? If so, where do I get it for free? ...Eventually, I'd like to download Coast-to-CoastAM (the old Art Bell show) on MP3's I already have Streamlink.

I have ipod nano (purple). I don't now how to put music on it can you put music on there without using itunes can?

I have bought an iPod Nano. I tried to add songs and pictures to it by the copy paste method. The songs are already in my laptop. When on my laptop I see my work, it looks OK, but I am unable to find it in Nano memory. What's going on? How can I add songs to my Nano? Please help.

By M.S.Chaudhry

I have an Ipod. I have had it for a couple years, but they probably are still about the same. I had to download itunes onto my computer, and I plug the ipod into my computer via USB. I have never bought any Itunes music. I subscribe to emusic.com. Every song I download from emusic or Amazon.com is immediately synced into my itunes, and all I have to do is hook my ipod up with the usb cord that came with it, and load my songs from the itunes folder into my ipod.

Harlean from Arkansas