AppliancesCleaning

Removing Spilt Milk Smell From Refrigerator

How do I get rid of a spilt milk smell. It is a stale smell from the inside of the fridge.

tony20459 from Ireland

I put a small cup of lemon juice in the fridge for a couple of days

Try wiping out the Refrigerator with Baking Soda (2 Tablespoons in a Pint of Warm Water). It works for me every time

I put a small cup of lemon juice in the fridge for a couple of days.

I spilt cream sunday iv try lemon juice in a cup for 3 days cleaned it with bleach and thrown everything away and it still stinks in fact my whole kitchen smells I can't throw the fridge as it's built into a 10k kitchen not sure what to try now

Try using toothpaste; putting about an inch or 2 of toothpaste on a paper towel and place it on the refrigerator shelf, if this doesn't work. Use about 2 in. of toothpaste mix into a quart of warm water and wipe down the inside the Refrigerator. I keep 1 to 2inch of toothpaste on a paper towel in the freezer this keeps the freezer smell down (onions, garlic, spaghetti sauces)

and this works in ice chests also.

Or you can order

X-O ODOR NEUTRALIZER

CALIFORNIA VETERINARY SUPPLY

www.calvetsupply.com

1800-366-3047

It comes in 3 sizes

X.O. or toothpaste did not work in a freezer were all the food rotted it had to be dispose of

I would wash it down with with lemon juice and warm water and then put a bit of vanilla on a small paper towel or napkin and put it in there. Soon it will have the wonderful scent of vanilla.

Well first I would remove everything in the fridg then scrub out the inside of the fridg with soap and waterthen replace everything..After that I would place a box of baking soda in the fridg for a couple of weeks.

I had that EXACT problem THIS WEEK, and this is what worked for me: Mixing 1/2 teaspoon Bleach,

1/2 teaspoon liq. detergent, 16 oz. warm water, I used several layers of paper towels on top of the spill, and poured the mixture over it, letting it soak for 15 minutes, then wiped it right up, and rinsed in plain water. The tiny amt. of bleach was exactly what it took to freshen the fridge, and there's no more sour smell. Good luck and God bless you. : )

Don't forget to check under any bins and/or drawers where it may have seeped.

Try Clorox Cleanup that is used in the bathroom. It seems to clean up most surfaces and smells. Be sure to rinse when you are done and the fridge will be fresh and new smelling.