Use Rosemary For Skewers

Rather than buying skewers I use branches off of my rosemary bush. I cut them approximately 12 inches long. After thoroughly washing the branch, I strip the leaves and either dry them in the oven or use them fresh.

I use a knife to put a point on the branch and "thread" on onions, pineapple, chunks of chicken and bell peppers. The taste imparted when put on the barbecue is heavenly.

Equally successful is roasting them in the oven at 375 degrees F. This is just my favorite recipe. Your imagination and taste can guide you to the food you put on your skewers.

By Maryinaz from Arizona

What a great idea!

My little rosemary isn't big enough for this (yet), but I know that rosemary is excellent when grilling. I have a recipe that uses fresh rosemary, lemon juice, garlic, and some oil. YUM!

That is a terrific idea. I use rosemary on my chicken quite often, and don't have a rosemary plant, but I might have to get one now so I can do this eventually.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillMay 7, 2010
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Mosquito Repellent Coil
Insect Repellents Safe for Use on Pets
Growing Rosemary
Growing Rosemary
🎄