How hazardous is it to be confined to a office that has half of the carpet still partially wet and smelling like mildew? It has been wet for 48 hours now from a rain flood?
By Teri C. from Snellville, GA
It can bevery dangerous especially if you have any kind of allergies. My sister once mved into a house that had mildew in the walls from a leak in the roof. She ended up in the hospital twice before someone realized what was causing the problem. If the office is rented ask the owner maitenance to fix it. If the office is assigned to you request another office until that one is cleaned up. If they give you a hard time tell them you will contact the board of health and see if they can help convince anyone to fix the problem.
Not only are you at risk for bacteria and mold, you're also at risk of an electrical shock if you're using any kind of plugged-in equipment! If this is an office in your home, you'll need to get someone like Servpro to clean it up; if it's a regular office, they're violating OSHA regulations in providing a safe, healthy work environment.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!