Browsing: 80th Birthday Party Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

80th Birthday Party Ideas

This is a guide about 80th birthday party ideas. There are many ways you can help make a friend or parent's 80th birthday fun and memorable.

80th Birthday
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 14, 2004 Flag

I need some ideas for my mother's 80th birthday. - Jennie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try ordering a newspaper from the day she was born. There are several places to do this online. This will bring back the news when she was born as well as see the advertisements and prices of things when she was born. I can't remember when bread was $0.15 per loaf but she can, or gas was $ 0.15 a gallon. I did it for my Mom's 80th birthday and it was great. We scanned in articles and advertisements and placed them on the tables for the party and everybody enjoyed them and started a long round of conversation.

We added this as a reader's request.

For my dad's 80th I took 80 one dollar bills and taped them together end to end so they form a chain. Then you place them in a small box (bills are layered in). Tape a small tab to the first bill and have only the tab sticking out of the box, but make sure the slot from the box is big enough for the bills to follow. Write on the tab"pull here". He pulled and pulled and pulled!! You can imagine how long an $80. chain is! Was great fun, he loved it!

Loved the charlie brown combo x-mas/$ tree idea. How do you attach the bills to the tree? Thank you!

I'd opt for some sort of vintage party. What your mother loved when she was young? Maybe a vintage baseball party? Or 50's inspired dance party?

Or you could take her to a car cinema to remember the good old days when she was sneaking out at night to date your dad :) In case there isn't one in your town, why not to make it? All you need is an empty field, big sheets and film projector that could be bought on Ebay.

I'm pretty sure your Mom would appreciate any kind of a party :)

June 8, 2010 Flag

I need inexpensive ideas for dad's 80th birthday party. I am doing this alone so I need to watch how much money is spent.

By Laurie from Wintersville, OH

Get a folding foam core screen and cover with decorative paper, wrapping or wall paper. Find about 20-25 photos of the birthday person with family over the years, baby to adult if possible. Enlarge and crop them for 4"x 6" photos and mount with captions. Print out large Title such as "who's celebrating 80 years?" At the bottom put name, parents name and address if you know what it was then. You could use this for an invitation idea too.

http://www.vistaprint.com Vista printing has 10/$3.99 and you can design them anyway you choose. Good luck!

If you spend nothing more, have a friend video tape it. THis is something for him to watch over and over, and the rest of the family, once he is gone.

You can ask friends to help make it a potluck, each bringing a small dish to share, you can make a cake or do small portion cup cakes. At this age, frosting is not the first on the wish I had list! Maybe a jelly roll, or ask your dad what he would like for dessert. Maybe an ice cream cake. Which you can make as well without must ado.

I ahve done parties of all kinds for all ages, simple is always the best.

You have a computer! Fill areas with "80 years ago today" type stuff. Easy to find and print out, above the food serving 80 years ago the top menu items were...

Above the entertainment (tv/music) area; We were entertained by...

Around the patio; our favorite past-time was...

In various other areas add "80 years ago we paid "_" for...

Our main transportation was...

Etc., you get the idea.

And don't forget to add the most important part above the birthday cake: "and most important, 80 years ago "John Doe" was born!

Ask friends and family for ideas and maybe even pics and mementos!

Thank you all so very much. You all have very god ideas. If any of you can think of some games that could be played, that wold be wonderful! I don't really want to do any over the hill. If her were tuning 50 I would say ok, but no over the hill themes at 80, don't want to depress him.

Hey friend.. Your so not alone.

My dad's turning 80 in just 2 weeks! I myself came up with a Back Down Memory Lane Table!!

I incorporated TWA. Model plane, fishing rod, model antique cars, smoking pipe etc...

Just things that he enjoyed doing... KC, Mo. Enjoy

February 19, 2009 Flag

I am having an 80th birthday party for my mom. I need an idea for party favors that the guests could have as a remembrance of the event. I need to have around 100 and need to keep the cost reasonable. Also any decorating ideas would be appreciated.

Brenda from Coshocton, OH

I'll share an idea that I have received which can be adapted for most occasions. Prepare small gift boxes or bags (from 99 cent or $ stores) or prepare your own using clear or colored plastic wrap tied with ribbon (which will be less expensive). You can order personalized labels to stick on the bottom of Hershey's Kisses with the name, date, balloons, etc. to commerate the day (search the internet as prices vary). Use these and other small candies like jelly beans. You can also print out a small card from your computer with a message such as "thank you for helping us celebrate Grandmother's birthday" and include the date along with her birthdate and maybe a picture of balloons, etc. on the card.

When my parents had their big birthdays, we created candy-bar wrappers with photos of the birthday-person and a thank you sentiment printed. There are companies that will do it for you, http://www.customcandybars.com/

and

http://www.sweet-reflections.com/ca ... nid=7d78bbd3cf4e491ddac1b0773833d481

and some computer programs you can find that will help you create your own labels. It's not too hard to do.

How about taking a photo of your mom, making some business cards with her photo, some little message on them, maybe the date, and a thank you for celebrating with us type thing. You can print them on the computer, I do my boss's business cards all the time! You could do them for less than $10. You could even have a variety of different picts of your mom! You could "fancy" them up by using a paper punch and tying a piece of ribbon or curling ribbon on each.

Hope you have a great celebration!

Pam

You could get memorabilia from ebay. Like magazines or music from the era she was born, late 1920s or 30s, and use them for decorations on tabletops or the party invitation. For my dad's 70th, I designed a fake newspaper headline and used a picture from his childhood to make the party invitation.

You could also use Google to find out interesting info about our country during that time; how much gas cost, milk cost, houses cost, what was the # song, etc., and type up that info in a festive way to use as centerpieces on the table (kinda like drink menus at restaurants. Put the info in clear plastic upright frames.) Or print them out and put them at each place setting just laying flat.

You could put the year she was born at the top and then all kinds of fun facts underneath. It would get people talking and her reminiscing about the old days! Have fun!

-Lee in FL

How about little net bags with 80 shiny new pennies in each with a "tag" about 1 shiny penny for each shiny year of life!

April 20, 2015 Flag

Any ideas regarding themes, music, food, and decorations? Not much in decorations. I am not thinking about telegrams or weird stuff at which he could be embarrassed.

By Beth M

Why not make a nice medley of some of his favorite music and get someone to help you make a nice video (or photo collage) of some of your favorite family photo's from your albums to play at his party or for him? I did this for my father for his 90th birthday and he (and we ALL) loved seeing the family photo's while his favorite songs played! Sort of a 'this is your life'. One of the best idea's I had!

June 10, 2010 Flag

Any ideas for games to be played at an 80th birthday party?

March 24, 2009 Flag

What kind of performance should my family do for my grandmother's 80th birthday?

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 30, 2014
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
middle aged man and family celebrating his birthday
Celebrating Milestone Birthdays
80th Birthday Cake
80th Birthday Gift Ideas
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 12:14:36 PM on 10.0.0.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.