Ideas for 80th Birthday

There are many ways you can help make a friend or parent's 80th birthday fun and memorable. This is a guide about ideas for 80th birthday.

80th Birthday
Filter Sort

Question: Need Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

I need some ideas for my mother's 80th birthday. - Jennie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By aliciamilford 1 Flag

I'd opt for some sort of vintage party. What your mother loved when she was young? Maybe a vintage baseball party? Or 50's inspired dance party?

Or you could take her to a car cinema to remember the good old days when she was sneaking out at night to date your dad :) In case there isn't one in your town, why not to make it? All you need is an empty field, big sheets and film projector that could be bought on Ebay.

I'm pretty sure your Mom would appreciate any kind of a party :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for 80th Birthday Favors

By Brenda Wilson 20 3

I am having an 80th birthday party for my mom. I need an idea for party favors that the guests could have as a remembrance of the event. I need to have around 100 and need to keep the cost reasonable. Also any decorating ideas would be appreciated.

Brenda from Coshocton, OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How about little net bags with 80 shiny new pennies in each with a "tag" about 1 shiny penny for each shiny year of life!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Inexpensive 80th Birthday Party Ideas

By Laurie 2 1

I need inexpensive ideas for dad's 80th birthday party. I am doing this alone so I need to watch how much money is spent.

By Laurie from Wintersville, OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Laurie 2 1 Flag

Thank you all so very much. You all have very god ideas. If any of you can think of some games that could be played, that wold be wonderful! I don't really want to do any over the hill. If her were tuning 50 I would say ok, but no over the hill themes at 80, don't want to depress him.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Performance Ideas for an 80th Birthday

By Esther Teng 1

What kind of performance should my family do for my grandmother's 80th birthday?

By Esther from Malaysia

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By EIW 16 12 Flag

Try doing a "This is your life". Invite any old friends & have them relate a favorite funny or sentimental story. Ask family to do the same. Go through the stages of life. Present momentos of each stage too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for 80th Birthday Party Games

By Laurie 2 1

Any ideas for games to be played at an 80th birthday party?

By Laurie from OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Colleen Stuchal 6 76 Flag

Find out what games were played back when the birthday boy/girl was young. Incorporate them into the party.

Flashback, have people dress in clothing from that era, play games from the era, play music from the era, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Mother's 80th Birthday

By stephanie carloss 1

Could you help me with a theme for my mother's 80th birthday celebration?

By scarloss43 from Monroe, LA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lee Taylor 15 427 Flag

This isn't really a theme, but it makes a wonderful gift. Write down 80 things you love about your mom. It could be special qualities she has or the way she cooks your very favorite meal or memories of things she's done for you or memories of trips or holidays, etc. Some could be funny, but most should be from the heart. I've don't this for both my parents and my step dad and it was the best present they ever got. Don't we all want to know how we've made a difference and impacted the lives of others? 80 memories of your mom is a fabulous way to tell her you love her! (you won't be able to think of 80 in one sitting, so try doing 10 at a time until you come up with 80.)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Toast for Birthday

Need ideas for a toast for mother-in-law's 80th Birthday.

Nisha

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I need Iideas for Toast for Husbands 50th Birthday anitadayal AT hotmail.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Husband's 80th Birthday Ideas

Any ideas regarding themes, music, food, and decorations? Not much in decorations. I am not thinking about telegrams or weird stuff at which he could be embarrassed.

By Beth M

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Donna 309 325 Flag

Why not make a nice medley of some of his favorite music and get someone to help you make a nice video (or photo collage) of some of your favorite family photo's from your albums to play at his party or for him? I did this for my father for his 90th birthday and he (and we ALL) loved seeing the family photo's while his favorite songs played! Sort of a 'this is your life'. One of the best idea's I had!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Writing a Letter for an 80th Birthday

How should I write a letter to my father-in-law for his 80th birthday?

By Laurie Kay from Chino Hills, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Randi 9 8 Flag

With really large print!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: 80th Birthday Ideas

By alex 1

I need ideas for a man's 80th birthday party.

By Alex from TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By kay 1 Flag

We just had my dad's 80th birthday, and it was so great. We had bbq catered. We had a photo time line area where we framed lots of photos from when he was little to present. I researched the last 8 decades and did a page on what was going on in that decade to put at that area. Also, did a sheet on what was happening on his birthday 80 yrs ago. for his cake, we did 5 different layer cakes (lemon, strawberry, chocolate, white & Italian cream), they were a huge hit. We put the cakes on different hts cake plates on a table that had greenery with twinkle lights on it, the centerpiece was glass kraft blocks (hobby lobby) that I frosted and stacked (each had a lite inside) with an 80 on top. the 80 was thick wood numbers (hobby lobby) that I painted with gold metallic paint. The cake table was gorgeous. We gave guests an opportunity to roast or toast daddy, and that turned out really well. We had guests jot down memories on pre-cut strips of paper and put them in a decorated bag for him to take home and read later, from the great grandkids we decorated a small jar and put in 80 of the chocolate hugs and kisses, put on the jar, 80 hugs and kisses and the ggkids names. From the grandkids we decorated another jar and put in 80 gold dollars (get them from ur bank) and put on the jar 80 golden dollars for 80 golden years and the gkids names. One of the gkids decorated a scrapbook to put stuff from the party in later. We had balloons on the card/gift table, a banner that said happy 80th birthday (u can order one online from party supply), on the table we did half with potted gerbera daisies that daddy took home and planted and the other half with vases with water with gerbera daisies floating in them. We had confetti and curly ribbon sprinkled around the centerpieces, and it looked really good. Make sure u take family photos, probably the only time u will have that many people there at one time. Daddy is still smiling when he thinks of the party, he really loved it. If you want to see any photos or have any questions, email me at nanakay01 at hotmail . com. Please put "80 bday idea request in subject line or I will not open. Hope you have a great party.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 30, 2014
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
80th Birthday Cake
80th Birthday Gift Ideas
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 9:20:50 AM on 10.0.2.174 in 930 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings