Clothes Tree from a Lamp Stand

You can make a clothes tree of a sort from a curlicued lamp stand! I found an abandoned standing lamp stand, which was quite heavy and had 3 metal curlicue decorations on it around the top of the stand. I cleaned it up and put it in my bedroom and now hang scarves and things from it. I cover the lamp part on top with hats. You can hang plastic rings and/or an embroidery hoop onto the swirled part to make it easier to hang the scarves, or whatever you want to hang. I find I can also put last night's clothes on the top! Price = $0

By Pamphyila from L.A., CA

Will you post a picture of it sometime?

Good way to repurpose a heavy, bulky item. One less item rotting in a landfill!

I have an older brass stand lamp. Lamp light still works so on the side of the top part of the lamp are leaf like oranaments which I use to hold hangers for the next days clothes. It looks OK and works like a charm.

Uses for an Old Lamp, Old Lamp with Red Shade
Uses for an Old Lamp
Organizing BedroomOctober 16, 2009
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree