Reuse Dryer Sheets In Different Ways

The new Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets work great, after you finish with them in the dryer, they can be used to dust with, put in bottom of trash can or dresser drawer for odor control, or cut out and use to felt the bottom of what-nots sitting around. I'm sure there are many more uses, these are just a few I have tried.

By Wanda from Climax, NC

Editor's Note: Do you reuse dryer sheets? Post your own ideas here.

Some great ideas here I never would have thought of. I like the idea of putting them in dresser drawers before using them in the dryer. Maybe it's just me but I tried dusting with them once but seemed to think they were too "linty".

I have been told that dryer sheets contain ingredients that are harmful to the air we breathe and would be harmful to have extended contact with our skin. Read the ingredient list and see what is in your dryer sheets. Too many chemicals for me.

I too believe in recycling. I used my dryer sheets making snowman ornaments for my christmas tree this year.

For those of us with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, any kind of dryer sheet is something to stay miles away from. They are very toxic to everyone! Please read an MSDS or something to learn about these. And distilled white vinegar works just as well without polluting the planet!

I reuse dryer sheets to polish my bathroom faucets. I also have heard of reusing them instead of paper for paper piecing. You can keep them in the quilt afterward & saves time.

January 6, 2011 Flag

Use your dryer sheets more than one time. Then don't throw them away. Use them for small clean-ups around the house or in your car. When you get them wet, they're just like paper towels. Another way to recycle and reduce.

By laramay from Portland, OR

June 28, 2010 Flag

To get the most out of my dryer sheets, I use them in three ways before tossing them. The first use is to put them in my closet and dresser drawers to give my clothes a nice clean scent. After about a week or two I then use them in the dryer with a load of laundry. After getting it from the dryer, I use it to dust with because it seems to catch dust better than regular dusting cloths (and it's cheaper).

By Tonya from Knightdale, NC

Answers:

Use Dryer Sheets Three Different Ways Each Time

A fourth way is to soak away stuck-on food in pans in the kitchen. Usually, about 30 minutes will do it. (02/14/2008)

By Jeanne

I do the first two but never thought of the third what I do is use the used dryer sheet the third time to clean the lint trap, cause it picks up the lint. You go girl! (02/23/2008)

By AILEEN

I use it to clean up my lint too! And, to buff granite counters.

(03/07/2008)

By Daphna101

I put used dryer sheets inside the shoes in my closet to absorb any shoe odors before I wear them again. (03/22/2008)

By Linda

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 6, 2011
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🎉
🎄