Lucky (Collie Mix)

Lucky is a 4 year old Collie mix. She was dumped out of a van at a swap meet. I took her home with me to her forever home. She always greets me with this wonderful smile and all her unconditional love. The guy who dumped her off gave a precious gift to me.

By Deby

What a beauty. I can't understand why people dump dogs. Most dumped animals aren't as lucky as your "Lucky" and often end up injured, killed or left to fend for themselves. Sometimes they are taken to high kill shelters where their chances of getting adopted are slim. Thank you for rescuing this dear animal and giving it a loving home.

Grandma Jan

What a beautiful face! Thanks, I needed a good story like this today. Thank You for sharing and giving Lucky such a good home. Your both very "Lucky".

I can see the love dripping from her face. What a precious soul. What a precious Mommy.

Sometimes, I just have to wonder about "serendipity". Although I'm horrified at the cruelty and lack of caring in so many people who abandon or mistreat our 4-legged friends, I think there may be times when fate plays right into our own hands if we can only recognize it when it happens.

Thankfully, you were there to take Lucky, and maybe you were meant to. I guess we'll never know, but you are both so lucky to have one another. The other person's loss is of great benefit to you and your beautiful Collie Lucky.

Thank you for sharing her with us.

Thank you to all for your kind words. And the serendipity comment is is wonderful because it is my favorite word and applies to all the babies I rescue. I beleive that when I named her I really meant that name for me and for everytime I can save a baby. I dont understand abuser losers either and never will but thank god for all of you who have compassion in their hearts for those who cannot speak for themselves. deby

I love Lucky's smile and her beautiful white teeth. You can just see that her eyes are full of love.

She is a beautiful girl and thank you for rescuing her, I wish more people would rescue dogs. So many need good homes. We have a chow/lab mix who had 3 homes before we got him. He is a wonderful boy, 10 years old now, and gives us so much joy and love! Nothing like that in the world, but from a dog.

Photos Pets DogsMarch 23, 2011
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos
A border collie sheltie mixed breed dog.
Collie Mix Photos